Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Concrete Bird Bath Cracked

We have a toadstool style concrete bird bath and the bowl is cracked. I
was expecting it to shatter this winter but it has survived. Any
suggestions on how to seal it?
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 21, 4:37*pm, hugh ] wrote:
We have a toadstool style concrete bird bath and the bowl is cracked. I
was expecting it to shatter this winter but it has survived. Any
suggestions on how to seal it?
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha

Had a similar problem and used CT1 filler, did the trick for me. Works
on damp surfaces and dries rock hard and waterporoof.

Johno
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
johno writes
On Mar 21, 4:37*pm, hugh ] wrote:
We have a toadstool style concrete bird bath and the bowl is cracked. I
was expecting it to shatter this winter but it has survived. Any
suggestions on how to seal it?
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha

Had a similar problem and used CT1 filler, did the trick for me. Works
on damp surfaces and dries rock hard and waterporoof.

Johno

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Posted to uk.d-i-y

hugh wrote:
In message
,
johno writes
On Mar 21, 4:37 pm, hugh ] wrote:
We have a toadstool style concrete bird bath and the bowl is cracked. I
was expecting it to shatter this winter but it has survived. Any
suggestions on how to seal it?
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha

Had a similar problem and used CT1 filler, did the trick for me. Works
on damp surfaces and dries rock hard and waterporoof.

Johno

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Also consider milliput and epoxy mortar
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
hugh wrote:
In message
,
johno writes
On Mar 21, 4:37 pm, hugh ] wrote:
We have a toadstool style concrete bird bath and the bowl is cracked. I
was expecting it to shatter this winter but it has survived. Any
suggestions on how to seal it?
-- hugh
common sense." Buddha

Had a similar problem and used CT1 filler, did the trick for me. Works
on damp surfaces and dries rock hard and waterporoof.

Johno

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Also consider milliput and epoxy mortar

I used superglue to mend a fairly large fancy plant-pot which we found
had a hairline crack. It has withstood many hard winters. I don't know
if it helped that it was unused when I fixed it. [You might need a fair
quantity of superglue, so a trip to a Pound Shop to buy a multi-pack
might be required.]
--
Ian

White Bird-Poop on Concrete? CWLee Home Repair 15 February 2nd 16 07:38 PM
Cracked concrete. PVR Home Repair 8 June 9th 07 08:39 AM
Broken bird bath....Concrete adhesive? Jim Laumann Home Repair 6 May 29th 06 11:09 PM
I'm trying to make a turned heated bird bath. BirdOasis Woodturning 40 December 22nd 05 01:44 PM
Crack in cement bird bath Salad Home Repair 13 January 20th 05 03:14 PM