DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Adjusting Bosch PHO 100 planer blades (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/320531-re-adjusting-bosch-pho-100-planer-blades.html)

Phil Addison March 20th 11 12:40 PM

Adjusting Bosch PHO 100 planer blades

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 01:15:53 -0000, Skipweasel
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Am I missing something here, or does anyone have any tips for making the
task more predictable.

Magnets. Those little tiny neodymium disc magnets. Stick a couple of
them to the thing and it should hold everything steady while you get it
clamped up.

That sounds promising, where would you get those magnets?

Phil

Tim Watts March 20th 11 12:52 PM

wrote:

In article ,
says...
Am I missing something here, or does anyone have any tips for making
the task more predictable.

Magnets. Those little tiny neodymium disc magnets. Stick a couple of
them to the thing and it should hold everything steady while you get it
clamped up.

That sounds promising, where would you get those magnets?

Phil

Google for "rare earth magnets" of "neodymium magnets"

There are loads of places selling every conceivable size and type.

I have some fridge magnets - heavy duty. One can hold several heavy
envelopes :) Also have a couple of fridge magnet key hooks that can take a
real lumpy bundle.

--
Tim Watts

Phil Addison March 20th 11 01:26 PM

wrote:

In article ,
says...
Am I missing something here, or does anyone have any tips for making
the task more predictable.

Magnets. Those little tiny neodymium disc magnets. Stick a couple of
them to the thing and it should hold everything steady while you get it
clamped up.

That sounds promising, where would you get those magnets?

Phil

Google for "rare earth magnets" of "neodymium magnets"

There are loads of places selling every conceivable size and type.

I have some fridge magnets - heavy duty. One can hold several heavy
envelopes :) Also have a couple of fridge magnet key hooks that can take a
real lumpy bundle.

Thanks Tim (and Skipweasel), I didn't realize they were so readily
available, and cheap too, e.g. 10 for £5.50. I'll be ordering some off
ebay.

Phil

Skipweasel[_4_] March 20th 11 06:37 PM

Adjusting Bosch PHO 100 planer blades

In article ,
says...
Thanks Tim (and Skipweasel), I didn't realize they were so readily
available, and cheap too, e.g. 10 for £5.50. I'll be ordering some off
ebay.

You'll find dozens of (often frivolous) uses for 'em.