Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Remove ceiling rose to fit light

The Missus has bought a new light for the kids bedroom.
It's this one, a Lulea from B&Q.
http://images.productserve.com/previ.../122873599.jpg
and, looking at the instructions, "it will be necessary to
remove any existing ceiling rose to allow clearance for
installation". Now I've done this before, but I still wake
up sweating at some of the bodges I did in my youth.
Can anyone tell me the safest way to connect all the
feeds without the rose and insulate them safely in the
ceiling space?
TIA,
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/11 14:08, goodolpete wrote:
The Missus has bought a new light for the kids bedroom.
It's this one, a Lulea from B&Q.
http://images.productserve.com/previ.../122873599.jpg
and, looking at the instructions, "it will be necessary to
remove any existing ceiling rose to allow clearance for
installation". Now I've done this before, but I still wake
up sweating at some of the bodges I did in my youth.
Can anyone tell me the safest way to connect all the
feeds without the rose and insulate them safely in the
ceiling space?

Move the rose to above the ceiling. Fit a pendant rose to the ceiling joist
above then pass just the pendant flex through the ceiling hole to the new
fitting.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2011 14:08, goodolpete wrote:
The Missus has bought a new light for the kids bedroom.
It's this one, a Lulea from B&Q.
http://images.productserve.com/previ.../122873599.jpg
and, looking at the instructions, "it will be necessary to
remove any existing ceiling rose to allow clearance for
installation". Now I've done this before, but I still wake
up sweating at some of the bodges I did in my youth.
Can anyone tell me the safest way to connect all the
feeds without the rose and insulate them safely in the
ceiling space?
TIA,

Wago 224 Series Lighting Connectors

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ago/index.html

Bloody wonderful things.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 17/03/2011 14:08, goodolpete wrote:
The Missus has bought a new light for the kids bedroom.
It's this one, a Lulea from B&Q.
http://images.productserve.com/previ.../122873599.jpg
and, looking at the instructions, "it will be necessary to
remove any existing ceiling rose to allow clearance for
installation". Now I've done this before, but I still wake
up sweating at some of the bodges I did in my youth.
Can anyone tell me the safest way to connect all the
feeds without the rose and insulate them safely in the
ceiling space?
TIA,

Wago 224 Series Lighting Connectors

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ago/index.html

Bloody wonderful things.

All very good but the Wago connectors should be enclosed in a plastic box.

--
Adam