Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tommy Walsh - Ultimate Workshop

6pm tomorrow Quest:

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/channellist...206:00:00%20AM

Since someone mentioned it here, I'v ebeen watching a bit of Quest on
Freeview and I'm very impressed - even the kids are interested in some
of the stuff!
--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
6pm tomorrow Quest:

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/channellist...206:00:00%20AM

Since someone mentioned it here, I'v ebeen watching a bit of Quest on
Freeview and I'm very impressed - even the kids are interested in some of
the stuff!

Yea, not bad but 'Norms' is a touch better

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 22, 7:46 pm, Tim Watts wrote:
6pm tomorrow Quest:

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/channellist...e=12/23/2010%2...

Since someone mentioned it here, I'v ebeen watching a bit of Quest on
Freeview and I'm very impressed - even the kids are interested in some
of the stuff!
--
Tim Watts

mmmm seemingly loops around every other week, alongwith the windmill
top floor conversion, the converted garage (tonight again), the lower
ground floor of some glass house (with a pretentious bird with massive
jugs).

BH I think he leaves at least half the issues unaddressed and was even
confused over the role of the VB in the garage tanking bit....

Still Alan thingy is a good chippy ;)

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 20:57:52 -0000, brass monkey wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
6pm tomorrow Quest:

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/channellist...206:00:00%20AM

Since someone mentioned it here, I'v ebeen watching a bit of Quest on
Freeview and I'm very impressed - even the kids are interested in some of
the stuff!

Yea, not bad but 'Norms' is a touch better

Yea, but TW couldn't get all the equipment suppliers to give him
$$ 6-figures worth of free tools. The best he can hope for is a
calendar from Direct Line.

--
http://thisreallyismyhost.99k.org/22...1735574948.php
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
6pm tomorrow Quest:

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/channellist...e=12/23/2010%2...

Since someone mentioned it here, I'v ebeen watching a bit of Quest on
Freeview and I'm very impressed - even the kids are interested in some of
the stuff!

Yea, not bad but 'Norms' is a touch better

Yea, but TW couldn't get all the equipment suppliers to give him
$$ 6-figures worth of free tools. The best he can hope for is a
calendar from Direct Line.

--http://thisreallyismyhost.99k.org/222010121735574948.php

if you watch it he seems to do pretty well from Makita when he's
finished his workshop

(note the pillar drill setup under the gas operated mezzanine floor -
that means the mezzanine floor cannot be lowered down without shifting
the drill? - Top idea not.

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/12/10 19:46, Tim Watts wrote:
6pm tomorrow Quest:

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/channellist...206:00:00%20AM

Since someone mentioned it here, I'v ebeen watching a bit of Quest on
Freeview and I'm very impressed - even the kids are interested in some
of the stuff!

Caught the second part today. I did enjoy it - there were some quite
good tips that weren't totally obvious and Tommy actually gave the
details on parts, eg "this is 18mm WPB ply".

It's how I imagine DIY programs from the 60's would have been, but a bit
more hard core. There seemed to be enough detail to actually go and do
your own.

I approved of his level of engineering - very strong looking frame nd a
dormer just to add interest.

Not sure about the use of shingles on the roof though - would have been
nice to explore a newer robust product like rubber or something - but
overall a thouroughly decent effort IMO.

Son (5 YO) requested a late stay up to watch a dinosaur programme at
9-10pm and that was good too. Seemed quite in depth but lots of CGI
brought it to life enough to hold his attention for the full hour.

I'm converted now. Wish they'd put the "How it's done" or whatever on
earlier though, not 10pm!

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/12/2010 20:57, brass monkey wrote:
"Tim wrote in message

.... Yea, not bad but 'Norms' is a touch better

Norm fans - "Discovery Shed" are showing the entire 18th and 19th New
Yankee Workshop series on Monday 27th.

--
Reentrant

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

[Quest]

I'm converted now. Wish they'd put the "How it's done" or whatever on
earlier though, not 10pm!

Just time to get a PVR before the VAT increase!

Some fascinating stuff on those programmes, but the background
musak gets a bit tedious.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK