DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Polycarbonate Roofing (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/315107-polycarbonate-roofing.html)

John Whitworth[_3_] December 10th 10 11:04 PM

Polycarbonate Roofing

I've just realised that what I thought was a piece of rag hanging down from
the conservatory roof is, in actual fact, the piece of 'plastic?' which
seals the end of the polycarbonate roof sheet. It must have come away when
the edge of the roof was weighted down with snow and icicles.

Is it possible to fix this? And if so, is there something special to buy?
Does it require any special method to fix?

Cheers

JW

MrFerrous December 11th 10 06:41 AM

Polycarbonate Roofing

"John Whitworth" wrote in message
I've just realised that what I thought was a piece of rag hanging down

from
the conservatory roof is, in actual fact, the piece of 'plastic?' which
seals the end of the polycarbonate roof sheet. It must have come away when
the edge of the roof was weighted down with snow and icicles.

Is it possible to fix this? And if so, is there something special to buy?
Does it require any special method to fix?

Cheers

JW

On my poorly constructed conservatory, the white plastic "sheet closures" on
the end of the polycarbonate sheets are just held in place by a self-tapping
screw at each end into the glazing bars, and *lots* of silicone sealant
between the sheet closure and the polycarbonate.

This page might give an idea of how it fits together:
http://www.polysert.co.uk/DIY.html

You can probably fix it with silicone, self-tapping screws and maybe some
breather tape (stocked by B&Q and others).

nightjar December 11th 10 11:27 AM

Polycarbonate Roofing

On 10/12/2010 23:04, John Whitworth wrote:
I've just realised that what I thought was a piece of rag hanging down
from the conservatory roof is, in actual fact, the piece of 'plastic?'
which seals the end of the polycarbonate roof sheet. It must have come
away when the edge of the roof was weighted down with snow and icicles.

Is it possible to fix this? And if so, is there something special to
buy? Does it require any special method to fix?

Cheers

JW

http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/p...cessories.html

Colin Bignell

John Whitworth[_3_] December 11th 10 03:03 PM

Polycarbonate Roofing

"Nightjar wrote in message

http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/p...cessories.html

Colin Bignell

Thanks Colin & Mr Ferrous. I will set about getting it fixed next week.

JW