Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Completely and utterly OT - People annoy me

Planet Rock get a day or two advanced ticket sales over Joe Public. Paul
Rodgers at Blackpool Opera House, April 2011, so I email 10 people who may
be interested. 6 say yes, get me a ticket, 3 say they can't make it and one
says it's too far ahead, I don't know what I'll be doing then. WHAT?????

I say, if you want to go, book the ticket and then if anything else crops up
later, you just say sorry, going to see Paul Rodgers that day - he's
dithering.

Is it just me or is he fekkin' stoopid???????

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/12/10 20:39, Pete Zahut wrote:
Planet Rock get a day or two advanced ticket sales over Joe Public. Paul
Rodgers at Blackpool Opera House, April 2011, so I email 10 people who may
be interested. 6 say yes, get me a ticket, 3 say they can't make it and one
says it's too far ahead, I don't know what I'll be doing then. WHAT?????

I say, if you want to go, book the ticket and then if anything else crops up
later, you just say sorry, going to see Paul Rodgers that day - he's
dithering.

Is it just me or is he fekkin' stoopid???????

Stupid or likes Paul Rogers in a "haven't got anything to do, already
clipped my toenails, flossed my widget, so might as well... " kind of way.

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Pete Zahut
writes
Planet Rock get a day or two advanced ticket sales over Joe Public. Paul
Rodgers at Blackpool Opera House, April 2011, so I email 10 people who may
be interested. 6 say yes, get me a ticket, 3 say they can't make it and one
says it's too far ahead, I don't know what I'll be doing then. WHAT?????

I say, if you want to go, book the ticket and then if anything else crops up
later, you just say sorry, going to see Paul Rodgers that day - he's
dithering.

Is it just me or is he fekkin' stoopid???????

Maybe he's just not that into you ;-)
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pete Zahut wrote:
Planet Rock get a day or two advanced ticket sales over Joe Public.
Paul Rodgers at Blackpool Opera House, April 2011, so I email 10
people who may be interested. 6 say yes, get me a ticket, 3 say they
can't make it and one says it's too far ahead, I don't know what I'll
be doing then. WHAT?????
I say, if you want to go, book the ticket and then if anything else
crops up later, you just say sorry, going to see Paul Rodgers that
day - he's dithering.

Is it just me or is he fekkin' stoopid???????

You should just run him over with your car. That's what I did today to a fat
******* that annoyed me.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 08/12/2010 23:25, ARWadsworth wrote:
Pete wrote:
Planet Rock get a day or two advanced ticket sales over Joe Public.
Paul Rodgers at Blackpool Opera House, April 2011, so I email 10
people who may be interested. 6 say yes, get me a ticket, 3 say they
can't make it and one says it's too far ahead, I don't know what
I'll be doing then. WHAT?????
I say, if you want to go, book the ticket and then if anything else
crops up later, you just say sorry, going to see Paul Rodgers that
day - he's dithering.

Is it just me or is he fekkin' stoopid???????

You should just run him over with your car. That's what I did today
to a fat ******* that annoyed me.

fx: dennis picks up the phone....

And says what? The fatty did not take my number plate so he cannot report
me.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pete Zahut :
Planet Rock get a day or two advanced ticket sales over Joe Public. Paul
Rodgers at Blackpool Opera House, April 2011, so I email 10 people who may
be interested. 6 say yes, get me a ticket, 3 say they can't make it and one
says it's too far ahead, I don't know what I'll be doing then. WHAT?????

I say, if you want to go, book the ticket and then if anything else crops up
later, you just say sorry, going to see Paul Rodgers that day - he's
dithering.

Is it just me or is he fekkin' stoopid???????

It's just you. If you really don't understand "it's too far ahead", take
it from me that he meant "no". That's obvious to me even though I have
no idea who Paul Rodgers is.

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 20:39:15 -0000, Pete Zahut wrote:
Planet Rock get a day or two advanced ticket sales over Joe Public. Paul
Rodgers at Blackpool Opera House, April 2011, so I email 10 people who may
be interested. 6 say yes, get me a ticket, 3 say they can't make it and one
says it's too far ahead, I don't know what I'll be doing then. WHAT?????

I say, if you want to go, book the ticket and then if anything else crops up
later, you just say sorry, going to see Paul Rodgers that day - he's
dithering.

Is it just me or is he fekkin' stoopid???????

You think you're annoyed now? Just wait until some of your 6 "definites"
start pulling out. Make sure you have their cash in your wallet before
ordering anything.

--
http://thisreallyismyhost.99k.org/08...9170322499.php
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
On 08/12/10 20:39, Pete Zahut wrote:
Planet Rock get a day or two advanced ticket sales over Joe Public.
Paul Rodgers at Blackpool Opera House, April 2011, so I email 10
people who may be interested. 6 say yes, get me a ticket, 3 say they
can't make it and one says it's too far ahead, I don't know what
I'll be doing then. WHAT????? I say, if you want to go, book the ticket
and then if anything else
crops up later, you just say sorry, going to see Paul Rodgers that
day - he's dithering.

Is it just me or is he fekkin' stoopid???????

Stupid or likes Paul Rogers in a "haven't got anything to do, already
clipped my toenails, flossed my widget, so might as well... " kind of
way.

Nah, his exact words were, "Wow, I'd love to see Paul Rodgers but it's just
to far ahead to know what I'll be doing in April". Even though I was drunk
when I posted this last night (after works christmas do) his attitude still
doesn't make sense to me now when I'm sober.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
In article , Pete Zahut
writes
Planet Rock get a day or two advanced ticket sales over Joe Public.
Paul Rodgers at Blackpool Opera House, April 2011, so I email 10
people who may be interested. 6 say yes, get me a ticket, 3 say they
can't make it and one says it's too far ahead, I don't know what
I'll be doing then. WHAT????? I say, if you want to go, book the ticket
and then if anything else
crops up later, you just say sorry, going to see Paul Rodgers that
day - he's dithering.

Is it just me or is he fekkin' stoopid???????

Maybe he's just not that into you ;-)

Could be Fred :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Barnes wrote:
Pete Zahut :
Planet Rock get a day or two advanced ticket sales over Joe Public.
Paul Rodgers at Blackpool Opera House, April 2011, so I email 10
people who may be interested. 6 say yes, get me a ticket, 3 say they
can't make it and one says it's too far ahead, I don't know what
I'll be doing then. WHAT?????

I say, if you want to go, book the ticket and then if anything else
crops up later, you just say sorry, going to see Paul Rodgers that
day - he's dithering.

Is it just me or is he fekkin' stoopid???????

It's just you. If you really don't understand "it's too far ahead",
take it from me that he meant "no". That's obvious to me even though
I have no idea who Paul Rodgers is.

As I've just said in my reply to Tim Watts, his exact words were, "Wow, I'd
love to see Paul Rodgers but it's just
to far ahead to know what I'll be doing in April", which doesn't sound like
"no" to me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pete wrote:
On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 20:39:15 -0000, Pete Zahut wrote:
Planet Rock get a day or two advanced ticket sales over Joe Public.
Paul Rodgers at Blackpool Opera House, April 2011, so I email 10
people who may be interested. 6 say yes, get me a ticket, 3 say they
can't make it and one says it's too far ahead, I don't know what
I'll be doing then. WHAT?????

I say, if you want to go, book the ticket and then if anything else
crops up later, you just say sorry, going to see Paul Rodgers that
day - he's dithering.

Is it just me or is he fekkin' stoopid???????

You think you're annoyed now? Just wait until some of your 6
"definites" start pulling out. Make sure you have their cash in your
wallet before ordering anything.

Oh I'm not that daft my friend - already been paid by all of them )

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pete Zahut wrote:

his exact words were, "Wow, I'd love to see Paul Rodgers but it's just
to far ahead to know what I'll be doing in April".

Is it "I" or "we" as far as he's concerned? i.e. he may wonder if school
hols are around that time ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pete Zahut" gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

[...]

Simple. "OK, no prob. I'm booking these this pm - so I won't get you one."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 11:46:08 -0000, Pete Zahut wrote:

Nah, his exact words were, "Wow, I'd love to see Paul Rodgers but it's
just to far ahead to know what I'll be doing in April".

What's wrong with that statement? I haven't a clue what I'll be doing
in April, I could be sat on me bum doing nothing of flying around the
world working. The former is most likely unless the date happens to
be a Saturday in which case I might be (working) at a footy match.

Wage slaves don't quite appreciate that for freelancers on dailies or
short term contractors work takes precidence over almost everything.
One has to eat, or have money to squan^H^H^H^Hpend on concerts!

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Pete Zahut wrote:

his exact words were, "Wow, I'd love to see Paul Rodgers but it's
just to far ahead to know what I'll be doing in April".

Is it "I" or "we" as far as he's concerned? i.e. he may wonder if
school hols are around that time ...

Hmm, he has got kids but I thought that the school year was mapped out and
tabled in advance so that parents know when holidays are? We haven't got
kids so I don't know about such things.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/12/10 13:02, Pete Zahut wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Pete Zahut wrote:

his exact words were, "Wow, I'd love to see Paul Rodgers but it's
just to far ahead to know what I'll be doing in April".

Is it "I" or "we" as far as he's concerned? i.e. he may wonder if
school hols are around that time ...

Hmm, he has got kids but I thought that the school year was mapped out and
tabled in advance so that parents know when holidays are? We haven't got
kids so I don't know about such things.

They are if you have the nouse and/or can be arsed to look.

It's surprising how many people don't know how to google stuff, or even
suppose that it might even exist.

I do suppose that East Sussex country council *will* publish the term
dates for the entire year - but I also know that it will be impossible
to locate via their website - so GoogleTime...

What they don't publish are the endless bloody "inset days" that involve
me or SWMBO taking another day off to cover. Sure we never had those
(2/term) 30 years ago...

FFS I get 30 days annual leave + B/H and I use it *all* just covering
this stuff...

OTOH you can also find school terms for regions in France, Belgium etc -
so it is possible to plan a half-term break there when their grotty oiks
are still in school - that's priceless

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 8, 8:39*pm, "Pete Zahut" wrote:
Planet Rock get a day or two advanced ticket sales over Joe Public. Paul
Rodgers at Blackpool Opera House, April 2011, so I email 10 people who may
be interested. 6 say yes, get me a ticket, 3 say they can't make it and one
says it's too far ahead, I don't know what I'll be doing then. WHAT?????

I say, if you want to go, book the ticket and then if anything else crops up
later, you just say sorry, going to see Paul Rodgers that day - he's
dithering.

Is it just me or is he fekkin' stoopid???????

Is he under 30? I remember in ye olden dayes before mobile phones I
used to plan my social life a week ahead - might agree to meet someone
in the George and Dragon at 7pm next Thursday, and we would both be
there (give or take ten mins). Now no one under 30 will commit to
anything more than 6 hours away, and even then there probably won't be
a definite time, you'll just text when you're nearby. Everything is
fluid. Even if you can persuade anyone to agree to something next
Thursday it will be the vaguest of commitments and is likely to be
dropped if something better comes up, or just because they forgot. No
point fighting it, that's just how people organise their lives.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Barnes wrote:

Pete Zahut :
Mike Barnes wrote:
Pete Zahut :
[...]

It still does to me. And unless you decided to buy a ticket for him, I'd
say that in the end that's what it meant to you too.

It sounds very much like a "no" to me too. In other words, although he
is interested, he's not keen enough to make a commitment at this stage.

So it means "no", but not in the sense of "no I don't fancy it" but more
like "if you need to get the tickets now, then don't get one for me; but
if, come April, I'm still at a loose end, and tickets are still available,
I may well join you".

I've never heard of this opera singer either. I certainly wouldn't fancy
a whole evening of listening to one person sing highlights, I'd rather see
a whole opera.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ronald Raygun wrote:
Mike Barnes wrote:

Pete Zahut :
Mike Barnes wrote:
Pete Zahut :
[...]

Well, yes, that's how we've left it. I didn't get a ticket for him but he'll
come if tickets are still available and he can make it. The point I don't
understand about it all though is that we're very big fans of Paul Rodgers
and would normally crawl over broken glass to get a ticket. 6 of us (7
including myself) have bought tickets, 3 others would do but already know
they can't make it due to other committments and he just doesn't know.

I've never heard of this opera singer either. I certainly wouldn't
fancy a whole evening of listening to one person sing highlights, I'd
rather see a whole opera.

I'm sure there should have been a smiley in there because Paul Rodgers is
far from an opera singer, as you'd know if you googled his name. Paul
Rodgers was frontman of the legendary Free, Bad Company and now Queen - and
his tour will include hits from all three era's.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pete Zahut wrote:

Ronald Raygun wrote:

[...]

"Broken glass", eh? Then why didn't the 3 others unmake their commitments?
Maybe they've grown out of the phase during which that kind of stuff
appeals to them.

I've never heard of this opera singer either. I certainly wouldn't
fancy a whole evening of listening to one person sing highlights, I'd
rather see a whole opera.

I'm sure there should have been a smiley in there because Paul Rodgers is
far from an opera singer, as you'd know if you googled his name. Paul
Rodgers was frontman of the legendary Free, Bad Company and now Queen -
and his tour will include hits from all three era's.

It's a disgrace what they let into opera houses these days.
Wild horses, wouldn't be seen dead, etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ronald Raygun wrote:
Pete Zahut wrote:

Ronald Raygun wrote:

[...]

Not at all. They're firemen and already have their rosters/shift patterns
set out. All three are on the same watch and can't get anyone to swap with
them. The guy in question though, is in a steady 9-5 job and knows there
won't be any work committments stopping him from going.

I've never heard of this opera singer either. I certainly wouldn't
fancy a whole evening of listening to one person sing highlights,
I'd rather see a whole opera.

I'm sure there should have been a smiley in there because Paul
Rodgers is far from an opera singer, as you'd know if you googled
his name. Paul Rodgers was frontman of the legendary Free, Bad
Company and now Queen - and his tour will include hits from all
three era's.

It's a disgrace what they let into opera houses these days.
Wild horses, wouldn't be seen dead, etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Pete Zahut
writes

Not at all. They're firemen and already have their rosters/shift patterns
set out. All three are on the same watch and can't get anyone to swap with
them. The guy in question though, is in a steady 9-5 job and knows there
won't be any work committments stopping him from going.

Move on, he's going to be so f'ckd off when you all tell him how good
the gig was, his loss.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
In article , Pete Zahut
writes

Not at all. They're firemen and already have their rosters/shift
patterns set out. All three are on the same watch and can't get
anyone to swap with them. The guy in question though, is in a steady
9-5 job and knows there won't be any work committments stopping him
from going.

Move on,

I'm trying to but people keep replying to the threads! )

he's going to be so f'ckd off when you all tell him how good
the gig was, his loss.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ronald Raygun wrote:
Pete Zahut wrote:

Ronald Raygun wrote:

[...]

Having just had a look at Blackpool Opera House forthcoming shows I can
assure you that you are very unlikely to see an opera there.

Not many people want to watch the fat lady sing.

--
Adam