DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Good quality, cheap, open tote type toolbags - recommendations? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/311301-good-quality-cheap-open-tote-type-toolbags-recommendations.html)

[email protected] October 8th 10 03:04 PM

Good quality, cheap, open tote type toolbags - recommendations?

I'm looking to buy 3 tool bags, and do away with the old plastic parts
bins I use for joinery tools and plumbing tools (and the little heap
somewhere for electrical tools).

I really like the open tote type bags - fairly rigid, with lots and
lots of narrow vertical tool pockets (because I'm always needing to
borrow just one thing from one of the other kits).

So - I'm looking for excellent quality, with a reasonable price when
buying 3 of them.

I really like the FatMax ones - too expensive.

B&Q currently have a basic Stanley one on offer for 15 quid, and a
DeWalt for 17 quid - both half the original price. Still - multiply
that by 3, and it's more than loose change.

Anyone seen a top deal they would recommend?

The Medway Handyman[_2_] October 8th 10 10:35 PM

wrote:
I'm looking to buy 3 tool bags, and do away with the old plastic parts
bins I use for joinery tools and plumbing tools (and the little heap
somewhere for electrical tools).

I really like the open tote type bags - fairly rigid, with lots and
lots of narrow vertical tool pockets (because I'm always needing to
borrow just one thing from one of the other kits).

So - I'm looking for excellent quality, with a reasonable price when
buying 3 of them.

I really like the FatMax ones - too expensive.

B&Q currently have a basic Stanley one on offer for 15 quid, and a
DeWalt for 17 quid - both half the original price. Still - multiply
that by 3, and it's more than loose change.

Anyone seen a top deal they would recommend?

Bought one of the DeWalt ones last week, well pleased with it.

Axminster have some excellent tool bags, but the prices have increased
recently
http://www.axminster.co.uk/tool-bags...=1&order=PRICE
ASCENDING

I have 2 of these
http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster...ag-prod719639/

And 1 of these
http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster...er-prod719644/

Very well made for the price.

ITS London have a good range as well

http://www.itslondon.co.uk/ProductLi...sc=Tool+ Bags

Full member - tool bag lovers club :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Weatherlawyer October 9th 10 01:23 PM

On 8 Oct, 15:04, " wrote:
I'm looking to buy 3 tool bags, and do away with the old plastic parts
bins I use for joinery tools and plumbing tools (and the little heap
somewhere for electrical tools).

I really like the open tote type bags - fairly rigid, with lots and
lots of narrow vertical tool pockets (because I'm always needing to
borrow just one thing from one of the other kits).

So - I'm looking for excellent quality, with a reasonable price when
buying 3 of them.

I really like the FatMax ones - too expensive.

B&Q currently have a basic Stanley one on offer for 15 quid, and a
DeWalt for 17 quid - both half the original price. Still - multiply
that by 3, and it's more than loose change.

Anyone seen a top deal they would recommend?

Why bother buying an open topped bag when a plastic bucket is so much
more affordable and get tools out ofable?

Get a bag that has a lid. I bought a wheeled suitcase from a car-boot
for £2 which is more than adequate, superior to the Ryobi bag I had
been using and has an handle for dragging should it even need to be.

The worst buy I ever had was the plastic upright tool box a fashion
now mirrored in many DIY shops. It was virtually uncarriable and too
small to house a saw. The upper part was OK if you had a place to
store the bottom. But then the bottom was Total crap = no handles, too
small for anything useful, too flimsy for heavy tools; unusable and
open to the elements.

[email protected] October 9th 10 01:27 PM

Good quality, cheap, open tote type toolbags - recommendations?

Why bother buying an open topped bag when a plastic bucket is so much
more affordable and get tools out ofable?

For rough old masonry tools - ideal.

For nice joinery tools and instruments, I want something like I've
described.

Andy Dingley October 9th 10 01:57 PM

On 8 Oct, 15:04, " wrote:

So - I'm looking for excellent quality, with a reasonable price when
buying 3 of them.

I'm using a new Irwin. Big enough that I can barely lift it when
loaded. Straps a bit poor, but the bag's good. Decent internal
pockets.

Best of all, just 13 quid from No Frills DIY (Clearance shed for
Focus)