Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Terry D

Default Gravity hot water temperature control

I have an old Potterton boiler with gravity hot water and pumped heating.
The system still works very well and seems reasonably efficient (£25 monthly
for a 4 bed detached). However, during the colder months, I have far too
much hot water at too high a temperature. Would it be possible to add a
thermostatically controlled valve to the return from the hot water cylinder
(thus maintaining the vent on the flow pipe) in order to control the hot
water temperature. I have a 3-way motorised valve which I could use by
blanking one of the inlets, and then controlling it from a cylinder stat.
Would I also need a narrow bore by-pass.

Terry D.

Condensing boiler - odd installation mike.james UK diy 57 October 27th 03 08:19 PM
Megaflow Query Julia Mann UK diy 27 September 20th 03 09:34 AM
low water temperature alan UK diy 1 September 5th 03 12:40 AM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM
Thoughts from the shower #1 BigWallop UK diy 0 July 26th 03 05:30 PM