Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl Compressor

On 12 Sep, 22:04, "dennis@home" wrote:
"Tim Lamb" wrote in message

Most workshop compressors do not have wheels so a mini portable may have
uses in places hard to access. I'm not sure if the diesel, road drill
type, compressor is oil free which might be an issue for spraying, etc.

Don't you need a coalescing (god knows if that's spelt correctly!) *filter
to remove the water and that should remove the oil too.

Filter , usually combined with regulator and sometimes lubricator for
air line tools in constant use

http://www.ingersollrandproducts.com...spx-item-30878

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...pment-air-hose

air chisel is heck of lot lighter to handle than an SDS on tiles, air
drill ditto for repetitive light drilling.

Forget DA sanders on small compressors.

Cheers
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 00:22:49 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Tim Lamb
saying something like:

I use Griflex. Flow/pressure is an issue on long pipe runs.

http://www.dolphin-products.nl/pdf/g...view_final.pdf

Interestingly, I see the clear braided PVC is actually rated for airline
use. I've often seen it used for that, but never trusted it, as it
usually seems on the verge of bursting.

I thought it (PVC) wasn't preferred over rubber because of how stiff
it goes when cold?

I might take a toddle over to my nearest HGV breaker or workshop and see
if there are any coiled trailer hoses going cheap/free. I think they
often get chucked while there's still plenty of life in them for other
uses.

I think I'd chuck them away when new! Two of my compressors came with
orange 'plastic' spirally hoses and I stopped using them pretty well
straight away as they were forever pulling the tool back and getting
tangled up. I dare say there are good and bad examples etc.

I replaced the one on my little portable compressor with some very
light and flexible high pressure fuel injection hose (black nitrile
rubber) as it was rated at 145 psi (435 burst) and in keeping with
that sort of role (the hose coils up like a mains lead).

I might treat myself to one of those recoiling wall mounted things,
when I plumb in the workshop. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jerry wrote:

That would be why in another post you said, and here I quote;

"One of the more demanding uses for a compressor is
to use an air/water gun for high pressure car washing.
[..//..] I can only use the one I bought for washing the
tractor with the largest compressor that I own."

Christ on a bike but you're thick. That compressor operates all the
tools, if I were to buy one, that would do everything. The other two are
in a different place 1,300 miles away from the other.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 14, 4:01*pm, "Jerry" wrote:
"Steve Firth" wrote in message

.. .

: Grimly Curmudgeon
:
:
: Well of course, he's a moron.

Look, two trolling wank-stains together

Jerry quickly reverting to type.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Man at B&Q wrote:

Jerry quickly reverting to type.

Recipe for a Jerry:

Take a moron
Remove top of skull
Insert stick blender
Blend, blend, blend

Done.

After a few days notice the smell and the presence of flies. Posting to
Usenet continues unabated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 14, 7:59*pm, geoff wrote:

Interesting slant on Gaza , that

looking at Wikipedia, it starts off by saying

"The economy of the Gaza Strip is severely limited by high population
density"

Perhaps you should have started off by using a somewhat more reliable
information source than Wikipedia. I've mentioned I run a caravan
site and Googling on

Gaza "Caravan Site"

returns it as top hit.

a bit different to a few crofters and their cow Morag

Crofters? Cows? Get real! Have a look on Streetview and tell me
how many crofts -- or cows -- you can find in Gaza of the Scottish
variety.

I reckon they should be compelled to change false definitions of UK
Mainland.

You want to be set adrift ?

No, I want them to be truthful and accurate. I don't see why they
should be required to be accurate in the representation of their goods
but not the representation of their services.

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
I've often toyed with the idea of having a compressor - so this looks
like a possible opportunity to 'stick my toe in the water'.

On a related note, what kind of compressor would be useful for the times
when you want some air to blow away dirt, but can't do it yourself because
you can't focus your puff enough or don't want to spray saliva all over the
workpiece? Would a cheap tyre compressor do, or are those strictly for tyre
inflating?

Thanks
Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Theo Markettos wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:
I've often toyed with the idea of having a compressor - so this looks
like a possible opportunity to 'stick my toe in the water'.

On a related note, what kind of compressor would be useful for the times
when you want some air to blow away dirt, but can't do it yourself because
you can't focus your puff enough or don't want to spray saliva all over the
workpiece? Would a cheap tyre compressor do, or are those strictly for tyre
inflating?

You need at least a tank to hold pressure.

Probably the cheap airbrush type is a minimum, or use a can of
compressed something or other.

Thanks
Theo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/09/2010 15:13, Theo Markettos wrote:
Roger wrote:
I've often toyed with the idea of having a compressor - so this looks
like a possible opportunity to 'stick my toe in the water'.

On a related note, what kind of compressor would be useful for the times
when you want some air to blow away dirt, but can't do it yourself because
you can't focus your puff enough or don't want to spray saliva all over the
workpiece? Would a cheap tyre compressor do, or are those strictly for tyre
inflating?

Thanks
Theo

For small jobs like blowing the dust out of a computer I use one of these:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=45631

If by cheap tyre compressor you mean the small 12v jobbies that work
from a car's cigar lighter socket, they wouldn't be very much use
because they can produce a high pressure but very little flow - whereas
you need a lot of flow but not much pressure for blowing dirt away.

The optional Air Tool Set (£9.99) on offer at Lidl alongside the
compressor has a tyre inflator gun and also a separate gun with various
different nozzles - so you should be able to choose the most appropriate
nozzle for each 'blow out' job.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:18:58 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Would a cheap tyre compressor do, or are those strictly for tyre
inflating?

Low volume, high pressure. You can hardly feel the draft froma tyre
inflator...

You need at least a tank to hold pressure.

It's called a tyre. Still not convinced I need a compressor but a
work around for blowing needs would be a bit of tube with a trigger
nozzle one end and tyre connector the other. I have a heavy duty tyre
inflator to fill the tyre.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 15, 3:17*pm, John Rumm wrote:
On 14/09/2010 21:34, John MacLeod wrote:

On Sep 14, 7:59 pm, *wrote:

Interesting slant on Gaza , that

looking at Wikipedia, it starts off by saying

"The economy of the Gaza Strip is severely limited by high population
density"

Perhaps you should have started off by using a somewhat more reliable
information source than Wikipedia. *I've mentioned I run a caravan
site and Googling on

Gaza "Caravan Site"

returns it as top hit.

If its any consolation John, I too thought your comment about "being
deemed to live in Gaza" was a flippant one along the lines of "anyone
would think I live in outer mongolia" etc.

Well, I do have a son who speaks, reads and writes fluent Mandarin and
lived for a couple of years on the borders of Inner Mongolia :-)

I id not realise there was
actually a place in Scotland called Gaza...

Oh dear! Allegedly so-called either because it's a sandy place or
alternatively because of a reluctance of the denizens to attend
church. However the postcode people attach a great importance to
the existence of Gaza (Scottish style). No matter how many times I
remove it from my postal address, every time a company runs their
addresses through a postcoding program it gets put back in -- to the
great confusion of delivery drivers and others.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Theo Markettos wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:
I've often toyed with the idea of having a compressor - so this looks
like a possible opportunity to 'stick my toe in the water'.

On a related note, what kind of compressor would be useful for the times
when you want some air to blow away dirt, but can't do it yourself because
you can't focus your puff enough or don't want to spray saliva all over the
workpiece? Would a cheap tyre compressor do, or are those strictly for tyre
inflating?

You should be careful about using a "garage" compressor for cleaning the
internals of computers. Unless you have suitable processing, what you
think of as pure compressed air is potentially a mist of oil, water
vapour and dust. Do you really want to be spraying this over your
silicon chips?

If you're planning to clean a lot of computers, you might consider a
compressor which is designed for an air brush, e.g.:

http://www.everythingairbrush.com/ac...AS_Series.html

Note the "oil free, water trap and air filter" bit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..

:
: Christ on a bike but you're thick.

Firth talking about himself again...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message

:
: Take a moron
: Remove top of skull
: Insert stick blender
: Blend, blend, blend
:

Not everyone is like you Mr Firth...

Junior Member

Well it appears that either nobody bothered to read or that nobody knew what to look for. But if you have a look at the box you can quickly spot the name EINHELL. Now EINHELL is a German Toolmanufacturer who is not well know. They have been making tools for DIY chains, for Aldi and by the look of it for Lidl too.
While I doubt that these days these are made in Germany I am not concerned about it if they are made elsewhere as they still will be made with the same thoroughness and quality controls one expect from a German manufacturer.
As long as the management is German, it really does not make any difference if they are made in China, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, England or Germany.
What you want to be aware of are product which are made by a Chinese managed company. Quality is about the thoroughness and pride you put into your product. This can only come FROM THE TOP, were all decisions on material used, time per unit allowed and quality levels are made as well as what to pay for the right staff to do the job. The staff will always be as good as they are asked to be.
When I read this word all my concerns have disappeared, and Lidl warranties are pretty good. Just keep your receipt for 3 years and if possible all the packaging boxes. If something would go wrong you can often get your money back in full or get a replacement. Sometimes this is then a newer advanced model.
Anyway back to EINHELL. While they make tools for others (who doesn't of all the other brands too) they also have developed their own brand. And sure enough you can find the "Lidl" compressor in the EINHELL range.
http://www.einhell.de/de_en/shop/380...200-24-of.html Air Compressor BT-AC 200/24 OF As you can see from both photos it's quite a match to the one offered by Lidl.
BTW it also for sale at Amazon for £99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Einhell-Litr...m/B001EX2UJG/2 and also branded Draper for the reduced price of £118.82 as RRP is £143.56 also at Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-76113...xp_grid_pt_0_2

Don't we just love to get ripped of by our own British companies and to get the fair deals from German companies. Can't help to wonder who our real enemies are.

Btw. On Money they have an Airbrush compressor on sale, nice and small.
LIDL Great Britain - lidl.co.uk for £39.99
I will get one of these for fun and small jobs. It should be able to do the small jobs for which I don't want to use the bigger one.
After all...If you don't maintain them as good as possible, they soon become useless as springs in valves start to rust, this causing the tank not to hold pressure and the compressor to run unnecessary. Before you know it you'll be throwing it away.
It needs to be stored in a dry place with little temperature variations. After every use condensation must be drained off.

Last edited by germish : September 22nd 12 at 01:54 AM

Lidl SDS Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 0 April 13th 10 11:38 PM
That Lidl SDS ... Gordon Henderson UK diy 16 September 15th 09 06:12 PM
Lidl by Lidl The Medway Handyman UK diy 5 January 8th 09 05:25 PM
SDS @ Lidl cupra UK diy 0 July 13th 06 01:15 PM
DIY at Lidl Mary Fisher UK diy 1 January 20th 05 03:34 PM