DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT-Graphics help (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/309344-ot-graphics-help.html)

Mr Sandman[_3_] September 3rd 10 04:14 PM

OT-Graphics help

Hi all,

as always, this is a knowledgeable group so i like to ask the odd question
cus there is always someone who can help out with advice!

I have a vb.net program i am writing and i want to include a moving diagram
showing fluid flow through pipes, doing this in vb is a real bind, the best
way to do this is likely to be making an animated gif.

something along these lines would be great-
http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/top..._water_reactor

Can anyone advise if this is the best way to go about it? And if so can you
give me some guidance?

Cheers

steve

Slainte September 3rd 10 06:51 PM

OT-Graphics help

"Mr Sandman" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi all,

as always, this is a knowledgeable group so i like to ask the odd question
cus there is always someone who can help out with advice!

I have a vb.net program i am writing and i want to include a moving
diagram showing fluid flow through pipes, doing this in vb is a real bind,
the best way to do this is likely to be making an animated gif.

something along these lines would be great-
http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/top..._water_reactor

Can anyone advise if this is the best way to go about it? And if so can
you give me some guidance?

Cheers

steve

GIF animation
http://www.gif-animator.com/

or FLASH
http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/

or SWISH a lower cost alternative
http://www.swishzone.com/index.php

Flash or Swish are potentially much more effective, but they come with a
steeper learning curve (depending on the complexity of the task). There is
a wealth of tutorials and support forums out there for Flash and Swish
(probably also for gif animation).

If you don't already have Flash then I think you can get a free version of
Swish that would help you do that sort of thing.

Neil