Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default EDIS plug leads.

I'm fitting EDIS ignition to the old SD1 using secondhand parts. This uses
four coils and wasted spark. Since this engine was never fitted with EDIS
I can't just buy a ready made set of plug leads. I've got enough from
scrappies to supply the connectors, but none were long enough for some of
the runs so I'd like to make my own. But sourcing 8mm HT cable of around
20k per metre (like the Ford stuff) is proving difficult.

Plenty will make up custom leads - but they'll cost more than the rest of
the bits and I'm a cheapskate. So they must be able to buy in the cable -
but from where?

--
*Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
I'm fitting EDIS ignition to the old SD1 using secondhand parts. This uses
four coils and wasted spark. Since this engine was never fitted with EDIS
I can't just buy a ready made set of plug leads. I've got enough from
scrappies to supply the connectors, but none were long enough for some of
the runs so I'd like to make my own. But sourcing 8mm HT cable of around
20k per metre (like the Ford stuff) is proving difficult.

Plenty will make up custom leads - but they'll cost more than the rest of
the bits and I'm a cheapskate. So they must be able to buy in the cable -
but from where?

--

http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product_list/22

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
I'm fitting EDIS ignition to the old SD1 using secondhand parts. This uses
four coils and wasted spark. Since this engine was never fitted with EDIS
I can't just buy a ready made set of plug leads. I've got enough from
scrappies to supply the connectors, but none were long enough for some of
the runs so I'd like to make my own. But sourcing 8mm HT cable of around
20k per metre (like the Ford stuff) is proving difficult.

Plenty will make up custom leads - but they'll cost more than the rest of
the bits and I'm a cheapskate. So they must be able to buy in the cable -
but from where?

http://www.gsparkplug.com/shop/misc-...ble-yello.html
but they don't say what the resistance is apart from, High