Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 5V 2A wall warts

I tried a google and only came up with US and EU connectors. Without
going to too much trouble, does anyone know where I can find one please?

It is for an ageing Fuji 3900 camera that has more to offer than my
newer one. i.e. hot shoe and wide angle as well as zoom.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2010-08-14, Dave wrote:
I tried a google and only came up with US and EU connectors. Without
going to too much trouble, does anyone know where I can find one please?

Try Farnell. You might fare better if you drop the wall-wart
requirement and look for something with an IEC mains inlet.

--
Jón Fairbairn
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html (updated 2010-08-11)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:23:34 +0100, Dave wrote:

I tried a google and only came up with US and EU connectors. Without
going to too much trouble, does anyone know where I can find one please?

It is for an ageing Fuji 3900 camera that has more to offer than my
newer one. i.e. hot shoe and wide angle as well as zoom.

CPC.

http://www.cpc.co.uk

Code PW00520

There are a few others there; you don't mention regulation, and I assume
you wanted DC.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2010-08-14, wrote:
I tried a google and only came up with US and EU connectors. Without
going to too much trouble, does anyone know where I can find one please?

Try Farnell. You might fare better if you drop the wall-wart
requirement and look for something with an IEC mains inlet.

Thanks for that, but having looked on that web page, I think I'll nip up
to CPC, they are only 2 or 3 miles away from me.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
I tried a google and only came up with US and EU connectors. Without going
to too much trouble, does anyone know where I can find one please?

It is for an ageing Fuji 3900 camera that has more to offer than my newer
one. i.e. hot shoe and wide angle as well as zoom.

Dave

eBay
140440215466
170525439120
270609801808

Toby...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:23:34 +0100, Dave wrote:

I tried a google and only came up with US and EU connectors. Without
going to too much trouble, does anyone know where I can find one please?

It is for an ageing Fuji 3900 camera that has more to offer than my
newer one. i.e. hot shoe and wide angle as well as zoom.

CPC.

http://www.cpc.co.uk

Code PW00520

There are a few others there; you don't mention regulation, and I assume
you wanted DC.

That's expensive,
I have a few 5v 2A supplies, they come with powered USB hubs and cost £3.99
from Aldi.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 21:41:01 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:23:34 +0100, Dave wrote:

I tried a google and only came up with US and EU connectors. Without
going to too much trouble, does anyone know where I can find one
please?

It is for an ageing Fuji 3900 camera that has more to offer than my
newer one. i.e. hot shoe and wide angle as well as zoom.

CPC.

http://www.cpc.co.uk

Code PW00520

There are a few others there; you don't mention regulation, and I
assume you wanted DC.

That's expensive,
I have a few 5v 2A supplies, they come with powered USB hubs and cost
£3.99 from Aldi.

I stuck with mentioning regulated ones, as the OP didn't specify. I doubt
those are...

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:23:34 +0100, Dave wrote:

I tried a google and only came up with US and EU connectors. Without
going to too much trouble, does anyone know where I can find one
please?

It is for an ageing Fuji 3900 camera that has more to offer than my
newer one. i.e. hot shoe and wide angle as well as zoom.

CPC.

http://www.cpc.co.uk

Code PW00520

There are a few others there; you don't mention regulation, and I
assume you wanted DC.

That's expensive,
I have a few 5v 2A supplies, they come with powered USB hubs and cost
£3.99 from Aldi.

I stuck with mentioning regulated ones, as the OP didn't specify. I doubt
those are...

Regulated and switched mode.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:23:34 +0100, Dave wrote:

I tried a google and only came up with US and EU connectors. Without
going to too much trouble, does anyone know where I can find one
please?

It is for an ageing Fuji 3900 camera that has more to offer than my
newer one. i.e. hot shoe and wide angle as well as zoom.

CPC.

http://www.cpc.co.uk

Code PW00520

There are a few others there; you don't mention regulation, and I
assume you wanted DC.

That's expensive,
I have a few 5v 2A supplies, they come with powered USB hubs and cost
£3.99 from Aldi.

I stuck with mentioning regulated ones, as the OP didn't specify. I doubt
those are...

From the little information I have from the camera manufacturer, I will
be better sticking to a regulated one. I have the camera on charge at
the moment on a 5 V 10 A regulated PSU and it is working fine. I have
just forgotten the charge time and I am not that sure where my camera
manuals are at the moment.

I'll leave it on charge overnight and see what happens am.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Dave
writes
On 2010-08-14, wrote:
I tried a google and only came up with US and EU connectors. Without
going to too much trouble, does anyone know where I can find one please?

Try Farnell. You might fare better if you drop the wall-wart
requirement and look for something with an IEC mains inlet.

Thanks for that, but having looked on that web page, I think I'll nip up
to CPC, they are only 2 or 3 miles away from me.

The only reason not to go CPC is the post so if you can collect it's a
no brainer. These days I'm choosing in-line supplies instead of wall
warts, easier to hide if that's what you want and more likely to be
compact switchers.
--
fred

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/08/2010 23:11, fred wrote:
In article , Dave
writes
On 2010-08-14, wrote:
I tried a google and only came up with US and EU connectors. Without
going to too much trouble, does anyone know where I can find one
please?

Try Farnell. You might fare better if you drop the wall-wart
requirement and look for something with an IEC mains inlet.

Thanks for that, but having looked on that web page, I think I'll nip up
to CPC, they are only 2 or 3 miles away from me.

The only reason not to go CPC is the post so if you can collect it's a
no brainer. These days I'm choosing in-line supplies instead of wall
warts, easier to hide if that's what you want and more likely to be
compact switchers.

The only problem I can see with an in line is the mains cable. When the
original charger was running OK it went in the camera bag on top of the
flash guns and filters. An in line plus mains cable might be a touch too
much for the case.

Thanks

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob *wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:23:34 +0100, Dave wrote:

I tried a google and only came up with US and EU connectors. Without
going to too much trouble, does anyone know where I can find one
please?

It is for an ageing Fuji 3900 camera that has more to offer than my
newer one. i.e. hot shoe and wide angle as well as zoom.

CPC.

*http://www.cpc.co.uk

Code PW00520

There are a few others there; you don't mention regulation, and I
assume you wanted DC.
That's expensive,
I have a few 5v 2A supplies, they come with powered USB hubs and cost
£3.99 from Aldi.

I stuck with mentioning regulated ones, as the OP didn't specify. I doubt
those are...

*From the little information I have from the camera manufacturer, I will
be better sticking to a regulated one. I have the camera on charge at
the moment on a 5 V 10 A regulated PSU and it is working fine. I have
just forgotten the charge time and I am not that sure where my camera
manuals are at the moment.

I'll leave it on charge overnight and see what happens am.

Dave

I would definitely use a regulated supply, as cameras often do not
have internal regulators, presumably for space/heat reasons, and can
be destroyed by the large voltage swings on unregulated supplies.

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Aug, 21:06, "Toby" wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

I tried a google and only came up with US and EU connectors. Without going
to too much trouble, does anyone know where I can find one please?

It is for an ageing Fuji 3900 camera that has more to offer than my newer
one. i.e. hot shoe and wide angle as well as zoom.

Dave

eBay
140440215466
170525439120
270609801808

Toby...

I got to the bottom of the thread tree thinking why the hell doesn't
the OP try Ebay !!

I bought a couple of clip-on 12v halogen spotlights - transformer
wallwarts. Nicely out of any warranty one of the transformers failed;
unfortunately it failed because the bulb's coil shorted itself
continuing to work but taking too much current for the transformer
primary. I didn't realise this until I burnt out the second light's
transformer - doh!

Ordered up 2 electronic 12v 2A walwarts from Ebay at ~£4 each
including postage. Work fine and hopefully have overload protection.

Rob

OT - Duct Tape; Gets rid of warts! Red Green Home Repair 9 February 5th 10 11:45 AM
warts efgh Woodworking 0 March 21st 07 05:21 PM
Gaffer tape for warts Anna Kettle UK diy 38 December 21st 05 11:55 PM