Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default sprung door catch thingy...

Hi can anyone help with an item I am looking for?

I am looking for one of those door catch things that
when you push the door the catch springs the door open.
It's for a kitchen cupboard, glass fronted with a brushed
chrome frame. I like the flush look and would prefer
not to have a handle.

What are they called please?

--
The man who smiles when things go wrong
has thought of someone to blame it on.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nitro®" wrote in message
Hi can anyone help with an item I am looking for?

I am looking for one of those door catch things that
when you push the door the catch springs the door open.
It's for a kitchen cupboard, glass fronted with a brushed
chrome frame. I like the flush look and would prefer
not to have a handle.

What are they called please?

--
The man who smiles when things go wrong
has thought of someone to blame it on.

A similar question is answered he
http://www.avforums.com/forums/av-st...r-catches.html

and if you try various searches on 'sprung door catch'; 'push release door
catch' and so on you will find more examples.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nitro® wrote:

I am looking for one of those door catch things that
when you push the door the catch springs the door open.
It's for a kitchen cupboard, glass fronted with a brushed
chrome frame. I like the flush look and would prefer
not to have a handle.

What are they called please?

Touch latches, AFAIK. Readily available.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
Nitro® wrote:

I am looking for one of those door catch things that
when you push the door the catch springs the door open.
It's for a kitchen cupboard, glass fronted with a brushed
chrome frame. I like the flush look and would prefer
not to have a handle.

What are they called please?

Touch latches, AFAIK. Readily available.

David

Thanks, found some now, also called tutch-latches.

--
The man who smiles when things go wrong
has thought of someone to blame it on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Spamlet" wrote in message

"Nitro®" wrote in message
Hi can anyone help with an item I am looking for?

I am looking for one of those door catch things that
when you push the door the catch springs the door open.
It's for a kitchen cupboard, glass fronted with a brushed
chrome frame. I like the flush look and would prefer
not to have a handle.

What are they called please?

--
The man who smiles when things go wrong
has thought of someone to blame it on.

A similar question is answered he
http://www.avforums.com/forums/av-st...r-catches.html

and if you try various searches on 'sprung door catch'; 'push release door
catch' and so on you will find more examples.

Yeah I had looked on Google but I think my search terminology
was a bit vague and coming up with too many results.
Found something ideal but the postage was more than three
times it's value. I'll try B&Q now I know what I'm looking for.

Cheers.

--
The man who smiles when things go wrong
has thought of someone to blame it on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nitro® wrote:
Hi can anyone help with an item I am looking for?

I am looking for one of those door catch things that
when you push the door the catch springs the door open.
It's for a kitchen cupboard, glass fronted with a brushed
chrome frame. I like the flush look and would prefer
not to have a handle.

What are they called please?

Have you tried Ikea in Birmingham?

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil L" wrote in message
Nitro® wrote:
Hi can anyone help with an item I am looking for?

I am looking for one of those door catch things that
when you push the door the catch springs the door open.
It's for a kitchen cupboard, glass fronted with a brushed
chrome frame. I like the flush look and would prefer
not to have a handle.

What are they called please?

Have you tried Ikea in Birmingham?

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

It's in Wednesbury, part of the black country apparently.
Can't believe shirt tales are flapping over a geographical
error, as made by Ikea themselves.

--
The man who smiles when things go wrong
has thought of someone to blame it on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nitro® wrote:
Hi can anyone help with an item I am looking for?

I am looking for one of those door catch things that
when you push the door the catch springs the door open.
It's for a kitchen cupboard, glass fronted with a brushed
chrome frame. I like the flush look and would prefer
not to have a handle.

What are they called please?

Have you tried Ikea in Birmingham?

It's in Wednesbury, part of the black country apparently.
Can't believe shirt tales are flapping over a geographical

Tails. You're welcome.

I shall report you for netkopping, the spelling police
are at my door....where's me tabs....

--
The man who smiles when things go wrong
has thought of someone to blame it on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nitro® wrote:
Hi can anyone help with an item I am looking for?

I am looking for one of those door catch things that
when you push the door the catch springs the door open.
It's for a kitchen cupboard, glass fronted with a brushed
chrome frame. I like the flush look and would prefer
not to have a handle.

What are they called please?

Have you tried Ikea in Birmingham?

It's in Wednesbury, part of the black country apparently.
Can't believe shirt tales are flapping over a geographical

Tails. You're welcome.

I shall report you for netkopping, the spelling police
are at my door....where's me tabs....

Netcopping, please...

door sprung - hanging no mortise hinges me Woodworking 5 July 2nd 10 11:16 PM
Door Catch Jig? Mike Dobony[_2_] Home Repair 3 January 10th 08 12:37 AM
need push-to-open sprung door catch sm_jamieson UK diy 2 February 1st 07 05:29 PM
Door latch thingy AMO UK diy 7 November 2nd 06 05:59 PM
Door sash lock plate thingy - where? Colin UK diy 3 October 10th 04 10:08 AM