DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lever ball valves - is flow direction important? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/307520-lever-ball-valves-flow-direction-important.html)

Nick August 3rd 10 07:26 PM

Lever ball valves - is flow direction important?

Have fitted quite a few of these
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/13103/...all-Valve-15mm
and always have been able to arrange them so that the handle will gravity to
'off' .
The valves have a flow direction arrow cast into the body and the handle is
not reversible.
I now have to fit one where the flow will go against the directional arrow
or the handle will drop to 'on'.
From what I can see this will not matter but opinions or experience would be
V much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Nick.

Spamlet August 3rd 10 08:08 PM

"Nick" wrote in message
Have fitted quite a few of these
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/13103/...all-Valve-15mm
and always have been able to arrange them so that the handle will gravity
to 'off' .
The valves have a flow direction arrow cast into the body and the handle
is not reversible.
I now have to fit one where the flow will go against the directional arrow
or the handle will drop to 'on'.
From what I can see this will not matter but opinions or experience would
be V much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Nick.

I've been using these:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/14312/...all-Valve-15mm

instead of the slotted isolators, for some time. They are stiff enough not
to turn back on their own - and usually only a fraction of the price
Screwfix are asking here!

Not sure why you would need a big lever for 15mm?

Jim K[_2_] August 4th 10 10:26 AM

On 3 Aug, 20:08, "Spamlet" wrote:

I've been using these:http://www.screwfix.com/prods/14312/...gs/Mini-Lever-...

instead of the slotted isolators, for some time. They are stiff enough not
to turn back on their own - and usually only a fraction of the price
Screwfix are asking here!

they look handy - go on then, where from n how much?

Jim K