DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   3M safety glasses arrived! (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/306869-3m-safety-glasses-arrived.html)

mike[_7_] July 22nd 10 04:16 PM

3M safety glasses arrived!

A mate got his free pair of safety specs from the 3M offer today.
He's not a ltd co. so that obviously wasn't the criterion for refusal
(unless they saw the perfectly justified moaning on here and rethought
their policy).

Anyone else received anything?

Tim Lamb[_2_] July 22nd 10 07:44 PM

3M safety glasses arrived!

In message
,
mike writes
A mate got his free pair of safety specs from the 3M offer today.
He's not a ltd co. so that obviously wasn't the criterion for refusal
(unless they saw the perfectly justified moaning on here and rethought
their policy).

Anyone else received anything?

Not yet.

regards

--
Tim Lamb

The Medway Handyman[_2_] July 22nd 10 11:40 PM

3M safety glasses arrived!

mike wrote:
A mate got his free pair of safety specs from the 3M offer today.
He's not a ltd co. so that obviously wasn't the criterion for refusal
(unless they saw the perfectly justified moaning on here and rethought
their policy).

I'm not a Ltd Co but I've had naff all.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

geoff July 23rd 10 08:53 PM

3M safety glasses arrived!

In message
,
mike writes
A mate got his free pair of safety specs from the 3M offer today.
He's not a ltd co. so that obviously wasn't the criterion for refusal
(unless they saw the perfectly justified moaning on here and rethought
their policy).

Anyone else received anything?

Yup - mine arrived today

So the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company is not a bunch of
lying ****s - just ****ing slow ones

--
geoff

Grimly Curmudgeon July 24th 10 12:23 AM

3M safety glasses arrived!

drugs began to take hold. I remember geoff saying
something like:

So the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company is not a bunch of
lying ****s - just ****ing slow ones

Personally, I ascribe to the cockup theory of marketing blunders.

Dave Liquorice[_2_] July 24th 10 12:42 AM

3M safety glasses arrived!

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 00:23:39 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

So the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company is not a bunch

of
lying ****s - just ****ing slow ones

Personally, I ascribe to the cockup theory of marketing blunders.

Agreed, remember Hoover who offered free flights if you bought a
washing machine or vacuum cleaner.

Cheers
Dave.

clot July 24th 10 01:17 AM

3M safety glasses arrived!

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 00:23:39 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

So the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company is not a bunch of
lying ****s - just ****ing slow ones

Personally, I ascribe to the cockup theory of marketing blunders.

Agreed, remember Hoover who offered free flights if you bought a
washing machine or vacuum cleaner.

Indeed, well.

Not a participant though!

mike[_7_] July 24th 10 11:33 AM

3M safety glasses arrived!

On Jul 23, 8:53*pm, geoff wrote:

Yup - mine arrived today

So the *Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company is not a bunch of
lying ****s - just ****ing slow ones

--
geoff

Got a pair today - very nice too. And not a ltd co. either. Good
show 3M.

geoff July 24th 10 01:30 PM

3M safety glasses arrived!

In message
,
mike writes
On Jul 23, 8:53*pm, geoff wrote:

Yup - mine arrived today

So the *Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company is not a bunch of
lying ****s - just ****ing slow ones

--
geoff

Got a pair today - very nice too. And not a ltd co. either. Good
show 3M.

Yeah, I now rock and am cool

All I need to do is find a way to wear my glasses

I've tried putting them over the top of the 3Ms - that's not so cool

--
geoff