DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wafty shed base revisited (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/305100-wafty-shed-base-revisited.html)

The Medway Handyman[_2_] June 19th 10 11:50 AM

Wafty shed base revisited

The wafty shed base upon which I was supposed to erect a metal shed has been
'repaired'

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ction=organize

You should have seen it before - this is a major improvement!

5 x 1 tonne/metre bags of ballast!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Bruce[_8_] June 19th 10 12:37 PM

Wafty shed base revisited

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 11:50:44 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
The wafty shed base upon which I was supposed to erect a metal shed has been
'repaired'

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ction=organize

You should have seen it before - this is a major improvement!
5 x 1 tonne/metre bags of ballast!

The experts at work. ;-)

Peter Johnson June 19th 10 12:41 PM

Wafty shed base revisited

wrote:

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ction=organize

Why does this divert to the Photobucket homepage? Any ideas?
Registration is not compulsory for viewing surely?
TIA

Andy Burns[_7_] June 19th 10 12:49 PM

Wafty shed base revisited

Peter Johnson wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote:

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ction=organize

Why does this divert to the Photobucket homepage?

Remove the /?action=organize from the end of the URL

TheOldFellow June 19th 10 12:50 PM

Wafty shed base revisited

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 12:41:01 +0100, Peter Johnson wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 11:50:44 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...wafty%20base/?

action=organize

Why does this divert to the Photobucket homepage? Any ideas?
Registration is not compulsory for viewing surely? TIA

Remove the /?action=organize. It's spelt 'meican anyway.
R.

TheOldFellow June 19th 10 12:52 PM

Wafty shed base revisited

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 11:50:44 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

The wafty shed base upon which I was supposed to erect a metal shed has
been 'repaired'

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...wafty%20base/?

action=organize

You should have seen it before - this is a major improvement!

5 x 1 tonne/metre bags of ballast!

Someone is going to be in the market for a lot of steps!
R.

Tim Watts June 19th 10 01:57 PM

Wafty shed base revisited

The Medway Handyman
wibbled on Saturday 19 June 2010 11:50

The wafty shed base upon which I was supposed to erect a metal shed has
been 'repaired'

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ction=organize

You should have seen it before - this is a major improvement!

5 x 1 tonne/metre bags of ballast!

Bloody hell - that's a lot of concrete at the near end, and I'm presuming
the far end is the original just showing?

Who did the original - a ****ed blind man?

BTW what method out of the 600 suggested did you use in the end?

--
Tim Watts

Andrew Mawson June 19th 10 02:04 PM

Wafty shed base revisited

"TheOldFellow" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 11:50:44 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

The wafty shed base upon which I was supposed to erect a metal

shed has
been 'repaired'

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...wafty%20base/?
action=organize

You should have seen it before - this is a major improvement!

5 x 1 tonne/metre bags of ballast!

Someone is going to be in the market for a lot of steps!
R.

I think I'd want to shutter up in decent boards some 4 inches away
from that mess and encase it in a good quality concrete.to leave nice
clean lines to the perimeter.

I have a similar job coming up later this year where a shed on a
concrete base has been put too low relative to the surroundings, so
fills with water, also the concrete base is cracked. I'm casting a new
base 8 inches higher but totally encapsulating the existing so no
joins will be visible. Then the shed will be rebuilt.

AWEM

The Medway Handyman[_2_] June 19th 10 11:27 PM

Wafty shed base revisited

Tim Watts wrote:
The Medway Handyman
wibbled on Saturday 19 June 2010 11:50

The wafty shed base upon which I was supposed to erect a metal shed
has been 'repaired'

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ction=organize

You should have seen it before - this is a major improvement!

5 x 1 tonne/metre bags of ballast!

Bloody hell - that's a lot of concrete at the near end, and I'm
presuming the far end is the original just showing?

Who did the original - a ****ed blind man?

Their gardener.

BTW what method out of the 600 suggested did you use in the end?

I used the 'turn the job down & let someone else do it' method :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Peter Johnson June 20th 10 12:48 PM

Wafty shed base revisited

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 12:49:00 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Why does this divert to the Photobucket homepage?

Remove the /?action=organize from the end of the URL

Thanks. I got into it via the TMH's other link.