DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   AAA Ni-Cad Batteries (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/3048-aaa-ni-cad-batteries.html)

PaulS October 27th 03 09:44 PM

AAA Ni-Cad Batteries

For Info only;

Uniross AAA Nickel Cadmium batteries (4 pack)

Asda £4.97

Argos £5.98 (2x2pack)
Comet £5.50
Maplin £5.99

Are there any other newsgroups that might find this info useful?

Colin Wilson October 27th 03 10:16 PM

AAA Ni-Cad Batteries

For Info only;
Uniross AAA Nickel Cadmium batteries (4 pack)

snip
Are there any other newsgroups that might find this info useful?

Can I ask why you thought it might be useful here ?

Wouldn`t it have been more use if you`d posted the mAh rating for=20
comparison, ie. 7dayshop.com do ni-mh

4x 550mAh here http://tinyurl.com/sld1 =A34.99
or
4x 750mAh here http://tinyurl.com/sld8 =A35.99

....whereas many are only rated at 250mAh or less

--=20

Paul Simon October 27th 03 11:14 PM

AAA Ni-Cad Batteries

Colin Wilson wrote:

For Info only;
Uniross AAA Nickel Cadmium batteries (4 pack)

snip
Are there any other newsgroups that might find this info useful?

Can I ask why you thought it might be useful here ?

Just as a price comparison, for anyone currently looking to buy some.

....whereas many are only rated at 250mAh or less

Yes, these are rated 250mAh (pack says Standard Rechargeable's are only
180mah)

I believe some appliances specifically recommend the use of Ni-Cads rather
than Ni-Mh.

Sorry if this info was'nt useful. Only trying to help.

Colin Wilson October 28th 03 09:02 AM

AAA Ni-Cad Batteries

Sorry if this info was'nt useful. Only trying to help.

I`d had a bad day, apologies in retrospect :-}