DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Displaying pictures for this NG (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/304580-displaying-pictures-ng.html)

Donwill[_3_] June 10th 10 09:48 AM

Displaying pictures for this NG

What do users recommend for displaying pictures linked to messages on
this NG. I've tried photobucket but I don't find it easy to do what I
want on it

Lobster June 10th 10 10:15 AM

Donwill wrote:
What do users recommend for displaying pictures linked to messages on
this NG. I've tried photobucket but I don't find it easy to do what I
want on it

So what _do_ you want it to do that photobucket doesn't?!

Personally http://www.imageshack.us/ works for me, for just a simple
link to a single image - no account needed, very straightforward.

David

Dave Osborne[_2_] June 10th 10 10:35 AM

Donwill wrote:
What do users recommend for displaying pictures linked to messages on
this NG. I've tried photobucket but I don't find it easy to do what I
want on it

I use tinypic http://tinypic.com/ then post the "direct link for
layouts" so the image displays without the attendant crap.

e.g. http://i42.tinypic.com/dyrqtl.jpg

Dave Plowman (News) June 10th 10 11:13 AM

Displaying pictures for this NG

In article ,
Donwill wrote:
What do users recommend for displaying pictures linked to messages on
this NG. I've tried photobucket but I don't find it easy to do what I
want on it

Eh? Just copy and paste the direct link to the pic you've uploaded on here.

Like this:-

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...es/sunroof.jpg

--
*42.7% of statistics are made up. Sorry, that should read 47.2% *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Grimly Curmudgeon June 10th 10 12:13 PM

Displaying pictures for this NG

drugs began to take hold. I remember Donwill
saying something like:

What do users recommend for displaying pictures linked to messages on
this NG. I've tried photobucket but I don't find it easy to do what I
want on it

Simplest way, without an account, is
www.freeimagehosting.net.
Easy upload, just grab the url when it's finished.

Best viewed with a popup blocker in place.

fred June 10th 10 12:52 PM

Displaying pictures for this NG

In article , Dave Osborne
writes
Donwill wrote:
What do users recommend for displaying pictures linked to messages on
this NG. I've tried photobucket but I don't find it easy to do what I
want on it

I use tinypic http://tinypic.com/ then post the "direct link for
layouts" so the image displays without the attendant crap.

e.g. http://i42.tinypic.com/dyrqtl.jpg

For one off pics I would also recommend tinypic, no faffing around, no
flash, javascript or automatic redirection required. perfect for the old
school newsgrouper.
--
fred

Dave Plowman (News) June 10th 10 02:29 PM

fred wrote:
For one off pics I would also recommend tinypic, no faffing around, no
flash, javascript or automatic redirection required. perfect for the old
school newsgrouper.

Photobucket actually works with the ancient browser on this RISC OS
machine - which is one reason I still use it.

--
*How about "never"? Is "never" good for you?

Dave Liquorice[_2_] June 10th 10 04:19 PM

I use http://www.flickr.com

--
Cheers
Dave.

Another John June 14th 10 05:45 PM

Displaying pictures for this NG

"Dave Liquorice" wrote:

I use http://www.flickr.com ....

I *started* to use that, since so many other people (outside DIY) use
it, then got bogged down in (and resentful of) all the attendant
registration malarkey.

I turned to tinypic: exactly what I wanted: perfect.

John