Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Magna Booster - Do I need One??

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Every few weeks this would clog up with something the consistency of
grease. In the end I took it out and replaced it with a Magnaclean
which doesn't obstruct the flow as it collects stuff.

But still requires cleaning every few weeks of the "grease" or isn't
it trapping that? The "grease" is probably bacteria. Not overly
convinced that any iron corrsion products are magnetic either.

Wonder how much 'iron' there is in a modern central heating system? But in
any case, inhibitor prevents that corroding.
Dribble probably doesn't get any commission from sales of that. Or it's
not as 'sexy' a product...

--
*If only you'd use your powers for good instead of evil.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:50:56 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Wonder how much 'iron' there is in a modern central heating system?

The only real change in domestic CH systems for the last few decades
has been the move to low capacity boilers with heat exchangers made
of ali. Copper tube and steel radiators have remained pretty much
unchanged.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
The Magna Boost is a much suoperior to the Magaclean

That's

You must eff off as you area known Jocko plantpot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:50:56 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Wonder how much 'iron' there is in a modern central heating system?

The only real change in domestic CH systems for the last few decades
has been the move to low capacity boilers with heat exchangers made
of ali. Copper tube and steel radiators have remained pretty much
unchanged.

Low water capacity boilers were around in the 1960s. Some aluminium heat
exchanger are around, but most now are going to stainless steel spiralled
tubed. Impurities in the system can be baked on the insides of these tubes,
reducing efficiency. I have seen some totally blocked because the system
was not cleaned or protected. That is why it is important that a Magna
Boost is fitted, protecting the boiler's heat exchanger. In the long run it
protects the boiler and reduces gas consumption. It also protects the pump
as well as the rads, catching the harmful magentite.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 12:47:06 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

consumption. It also protects the pump as well as the rads, catching
the harmful magentite.

It's that purple stuff again.

I think the OP must have a pretty clear picture of you by now...

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 12:47:06 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

consumption. It also protects the pump as well as the rads, catching
the harmful magentite.

It's that purple

You are a stupid person.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 02:53:37 -0700 (PDT) Andy Dingley wrote :
If you're de-sludging annually, your inhibition needs looking at!

Does an inhibited system generate enough sludge to warrant a
magnetic trap?

Is the Magna booster a reasonable trap? (seems likely enough,
although massively over-priced) Is BG installation fee reasonable?
(seems equally massive, IMHO).

I put a Magnaclean on my mum's CH - when I swapped the boiler I spent
a long time flushing the system through, and I then followed the
Keston advice to add a Y-strainer. Every few weeks this would clog up
with something the consistency of grease. In the end I took it out
and replaced it with a Magnaclean which doesn't obstruct the flow as
it collects stuff.

Yes, I know that this shouldn't be necessary in a perfectly sealed
system, but in this case some of the under-floor pipework dates back
to the 1960s, compression jointed. There's no major leak - system
needs a top-up every few months. Ideally the pipework should be all
replaced and the system zoned, but with laminate and vinyl floors the
disruption would be horrendous.

Have you tried putting leak sealer in? It can bung up small weeps.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Low water capacity boilers were around in the 1960s. Some aluminium
heat exchanger are around, but most now are going to stainless steel
spiralled tubed. Impurities in the system can be baked on the insides
of these tubes, reducing efficiency. I have seen some totally blocked
because the system was not cleaned or protected. That is why it is
important that a Magna Boost is fitted, protecting the boiler's heat
exchanger.

Have you never heard of inhibitor, oh one of the tiny mind?

--
*Arkansas State Motto: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Laugh.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Low water capacity boilers were around in the 1960s. Some aluminium
heat exchanger are around, but most now are going to stainless steel
spiralled tubed. Impurities in the system can be baked on the insides
of these tubes, reducing efficiency. I have seen some totally blocked
because the system was not cleaned or protected. That is why it is
important that a Magna Boost is fitted, protecting the boiler's heat
exchanger.

Have you never heard of inhibitor, oh one of the tiny mind?

Don't think its tiny, just fried by the electroconvulsive therapy during
his days in the institution

That's before he was let out into the community during the daytime

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Low water capacity boilers were around in the 1960s. Some aluminium
heat exchanger are around, but most now are going to stainless steel
spiralled tubed. Impurities in the system can be baked on the insides
of these tubes, reducing efficiency. I have seen some totally blocked
because the system was not cleaned or protected. That is why it is
important that a Magna Boost is fitted, protecting the boiler's heat
exchanger.

Have

You are a known Jocko plantpot and must eff off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

Don't think its tiny, just fried by the electroconvulsive therapy during
his days in the institution

That's before he was let out into the community during the daytime

Maxie, have you got back from Paddybanding? Fantastic. Have you polished
your turned down wellies for the night? How many pints of Guinness did you
have tonight?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Low water capacity boilers were around in the 1960s. Some aluminium
heat exchanger are around, but most now are going to stainless steel
spiralled tubed. Impurities in the system can be baked on the insides
of these tubes, reducing efficiency. I have seen some totally blocked
because the system was not cleaned or protected. That is why it is
important that a Magna Boost is fitted, protecting the boiler's heat
exchanger.

Have you never heard of inhibitor, oh one of the tiny mind?

Don't think its tiny, just fried by the electroconvulsive therapy during
his days in the institution

That's before he was let out into the community during the daytime

It could be brain stem damage caused by years of alcohol abuse. Would
account for the way he keeps repeating things. Or perhaps he really is
just the village idiot.

--
*Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 08:19:45 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message

Don't think its tiny, just fried by the electroconvulsive therapy
during his days in the institution

That's before he was let out into the community during the daytime

Maxie, have you got back from Paddybanding? Fantastic. Have you
polished your turned down wellies for the night? How many pints of
Guinness did you have tonight?

OP, please note. This is the person who recommends the Magna Booster.

Say no more.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

It could be brain stem damage caused by years of alcohol abuse. Would
account for the way he keeps repeating things. Or perhaps he really is
just the village idiot.

No reason why both statements cannot be true of course. I find it very
amusing when he changes the "From" line in his posts obviously
considering this will make his posts untraceable. He's such a dumbarse
that he doesn't realise how people can spot that he is the author of the
drivel he posts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

Don't think its tiny, just fried by the electroconvulsive therapy
during his days in the institution

That's before he was let out into the community during the daytime

Maxie, have you got back from Paddybanding? Fantastic. Have you
polished your turned down wellies for the night? How many pints of
Guinness did you have tonight?

OP, please note. This is the person who recommends the Magna Booster.

This man is saying Maxie does no go out Paddybanding!!! Maxie is the best
Paddybander known to mankind and has danced with Riverdance.

Sirry Irriot!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

This idiot must eff off being a known Jocko plantpot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

This pervo needs locking up. Tagging is too good for him.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

It could be brain stem damage caused by years of alcohol abuse. Would
account for the way he keeps repeating things. Or perhaps he really is
just the village idiot.

This idiot must eff off being a known Jocko plantpot.

QED. Keeps on repeating himself. And inventing words. Classic signs of a
damaged brain. He'll be threatening to report me to his friend the chief
constable again. As he did in one of his former fantasy worlds.

--
*Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

This idiot must eff off being a known Jocko plantpot.

snip

This idiot must eff off being a known Jocko plantpot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 09:54:27 +0100 Dave Plowman (News) wrote :
Did you clean the system properly as per the boiler maker's
instructions?

Yes, it was run hot with Fernox flushing compound, then after pulling
out the old boiler I connected the mains to the CH flow, turned off
all the rads then went round them in turn turning one on at a time so
the full flow was through that rad.

--
Tony Bryer, Greentram: 'Software to build on' Melbourne, Australia
www.superbeam.co.uk www.eurobeam.co.uk www.greentram.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 09:54:27 +0100 Dave Plowman (News) wrote :
Did you clean the system properly as per the boiler maker's
instructions?

Yes, it was run hot with Fernox flushing compound, then after pulling
out the old boiler I connected the mains to the CH flow, turned off
all the rads then went round them in turn turning one on at a time so
the full flow was through that rad.

That is a good method. But. When the water comes out clean, turn down the
rad valve. This makes the water run through the rad at a higher pressure and
just along the bottom section, shorting out from valve to valve. It is like
pinching the end of hose and the water goes further. It then gets the sludge
collected at the bottom. That stuff could have still have been inside the
rads at the bottom.

ram booster 8.0 crack [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 20th 08 04:53 PM
Magna-Set Magnetic Jointer Knife Setting Jig Rick Woodworking 4 January 18th 08 11:58 PM
VOIP Booster? Mike Dobony Home Repair 16 September 24th 07 03:01 PM
Magna bandsaw R Hawkins Woodworking 1 July 13th 06 05:00 PM
Hot water booster [email protected] UK diy 6 January 15th 06 09:25 PM