DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Angle Grinder Latest (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/303872-angle-grinder-latest.html)

Rod May 29th 10 09:06 PM

Angle Grinder Latest

OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

--
Rod

Bruce[_8_] May 30th 10 12:30 PM

Angle Grinder Latest

On Sat, 29 May 2010 21:06:30 +0100, Rod
wrote:

OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

It proves you cannot hope to win in 2010 with a song that would have
sounded naff in the mid-1980s.

The top 3 songs were all brilliant - none of them sounded anything
like a "Eurovision song". And the flash dancing all across Europe was
inspirational.

It was unlike any Eurovision event I have ever seen, and far better
than any before it.

The Medway Handyman[_2_] May 30th 10 12:33 PM

Angle Grinder Latest

Rod wrote:
OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

Eh?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

JimK[_2_] May 30th 10 03:13 PM

Angle Grinder Latest

wrote:

OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

It proves you cannot hope to win in 2010 with a song that would have
sounded naff in the mid-1980s.

The top 3 songs were all brilliant - none of them sounded anything
like a "Eurovision song". And the flash dancing all across Europe was
inspirational.

It was unlike any Eurovision event I have ever seen, and far better
than any before it.

......I'm beginning to wonder about you a little more....you on the
happy pills or something?

JimK

Rod May 30th 10 08:56 PM

Angle Grinder Latest

Rod wrote:
OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

Eh?

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/multimedia/photos?gal=16533

View the second to last row of pictures. Sorry - couldn't find a video
of it.

(Should have phrased that as 'to *try* to win' - because neither they
nor we did actually win.)

--
Rod

geoff May 30th 10 09:22 PM

Angle Grinder Latest

In message , Tim
Streater writes

wrote:

OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

It proves you cannot hope to win in 2010 with a song that would have
sounded naff in the mid-1980s.

The top 3 songs were all brilliant - none of them sounded anything
like a "Eurovision song". And the flash dancing all across Europe was
inspirational.

It was unlike any Eurovision event I have ever seen, and far better
than any before it.

I understand we came last (again). Excellent! Let's hope that our
position in this piece of TV tat is maintained.

Although it was touch and go right up to the last minute

--
geoff

Steve Walker May 30th 10 09:30 PM

Angle Grinder Latest

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Rod wrote:
OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

Eh?

That sounds a rather sordid practice .....

geoff May 30th 10 09:33 PM

Angle Grinder Latest

In message , Bruce
writes
wrote:

OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

It proves you cannot hope to win in 2010 with a song that would have
sounded naff in the mid-1980s.

The top 3 songs were all brilliant - none of them sounded anything
like a "Eurovision song". And the flash dancing all across Europe was
inspirational.

It was unlike any Eurovision event I have ever seen, and far better
than any before it.

Didn't watch it - I just turned over for the scoring

.... with google earth on the computer , to see who voted for their
neighbours

--
geoff

Roger Mills[_2_] May 31st 10 10:13 AM

Angle Grinder Latest

On 30/05/2010 21:33, geoff wrote:

Didn't watch it - I just turned over for the scoring

... with google earth on the computer , to see who voted for their
neighbours

I didn't even do that. It's not the same without Wogan and his cynical
comments. [Remember "Dr Death and the Tooth Fairy"?]
--
Cheers,
Roger

geoff May 31st 10 12:01 PM

Angle Grinder Latest

In message , Roger Mills
writes
On 30/05/2010 21:33, geoff wrote:

Didn't watch it - I just turned over for the scoring

... with google earth on the computer , to see who voted for their
neighbours

I didn't even do that. It's not the same without Wogan and his cynical
comments. [Remember "Dr Death and the Tooth Fairy"?]

Dunno - Graham Norton was tying his best, perhaps he wasn't ****ed
enough, but I kept on thinking "why don't you shut the **** up, unless
you have something interesting to say"

--