DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Source of 6mm copper pipe soldered fittings... (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/303037-source-6mm-copper-pipe-soldered-fittings.html)

Nicko[_2_] May 13th 10 11:52 PM

Source of 6mm copper pipe soldered fittings...

....specifically, I'm after soldered end-caps for 6mm copper pipe, but
I can't seem to find suppliers.

For various reasons compression joints cannot be used.

Any confirmed source of these much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave Osborne[_2_] May 14th 10 02:52 AM

Nicko wrote:
...specifically, I'm after soldered end-caps for 6mm copper pipe, but
I can't seem to find suppliers.

For various reasons compression joints cannot be used.

Any confirmed source of these much appreciated.

Cheers

I am most certainly not a plumber or heating engineer, but given that
neither Yorkshire nor Conex nor Flowflex make 6mm end caps in end feed
or solder ring, I imagine you will struggle to find them anywhere.

Onetap May 14th 10 12:41 PM

http://www.bes.ltd.uk/

Onetap May 14th 10 12:50 PM

On 14 May, 12:41, Onetap wrote:
On 14 May, 07:45, Cicero wrote:

Any confirmed source of these much appreciated.

http://www.bes.ltd.uk/

Cancal that; I've just noticed they only do 8mm. 8mm and a 8x6mm
reducer seems the only option.

Nicko[_2_] May 14th 10 01:17 PM

On 14 May, 12:50, Onetap wrote:
On 14 May, 12:41, Onetap wrote:

On 14 May, 07:45, Cicero wrote:

Any confirmed source of these much appreciated.

http://www.bes.ltd.uk/

Cancal that; I've just noticed they only do 8mm. 8mm and a 8x6mm
reducer seems the only option.

Yup - this is the problem I've had - everything starts at 8mm. And
I've looked all over...

Hammering the end flat & soldering is not an option - there are
cosmetic reasons for this.

Worst comes to worst, I'll knock something up on the lathe, but I'd
like to keep it simple...

Cheers

Robin May 14th 10 05:18 PM

Source of 6mm copper pipe soldered fittings...

Yup - this is the problem I've had - everything starts at 8mm. And
I've looked all over...

displacement-activity

Wandering around the wotsit produces a supplier in China who claim:

"Capillary copper solder fitting are manufactured in accordance with
EN1254-1.
Size availability: 6mm -67mm , suitable for connecting copper tubes in
accordance with EN1057. "

see: http://www.double-winners.com/Stop_End(9301).htm

They have an email address on their site if you want to ask about UK
stockists, postage etc

Any use?

/displacement-activity
--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Nicko[_2_] May 15th 10 03:05 PM

On 14 May, 17:18, "Robin" wrote:
Yup - this is the problem I've had - everything starts at 8mm. And
I've looked all over...

displacement-activity

Wandering around the wotsit produces a supplier in China who claim:

"Capillary copper solder fitting are manufactured in accordance with
EN1254-1.
Size availability: 6mm -67mm , suitable for connecting copper tubes in
accordance with EN1057. "

see:http://www.double-winners.com/Stop_End(9301).htm

They have an email address on their site if you want to ask about UK
stockists, postage etc

Any use?

/displacement-activity
--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Thanks. I think that if I wanted 10,000 of them, you might have been
onto something there !

I PM'd them, with no reply as yet.

Cheers