Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default conduit for bungalow phone, internet and video

My niece's bungalow is being rewired by electricians.
While they're grooving the plaster
I may as well add some conduit for phone, internet and video.

I'm thinking of channels coming down from the roofspace,
Is there stuff I can use so we can poke down wires with the fittings
already attached,
so we can buy a standard phone extension lead and push it down or up?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...Voltage_Wiring
says:
[For short straight runs, eg ceiling to socket or underfloor to socket,
[16mm oval conduit will generally accept a couple of networking or
[aerial cables comfortably. For a looser fit, go up to 22mm oval or 20mm
[ round.

but I guess that is just for bare wires without the plugs on the ends.

[g]