Old April 3rd 10, 12:43 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default VAX carpet washer problem

Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

Old April 3rd 10, 02:05 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Twydell wrote:
Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?

Most likely fault is a build up of detergent residue.

Does that model have a pump or does the liquid flow by gravity?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Old April 3rd 10, 02:19 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
Peter Twydell wrote:
Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?

Most likely fault is a build up of detergent residue.

Does that model have a pump or does the liquid flow by gravity?

Just old-fashioned gravity - what Newton discovered when Granny Smith
fell on his head.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Old April 3rd 10, 02:42 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Twydell wrote:
Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?

Most likely fault is a build up of detergent residue.

Does that model have a pump or does the liquid flow by gravity?

Just old-fashioned gravity - what Newton discovered when Granny Smith
fell on his head.

Gotta be bunged up then I reckon. Fush it with a white vinegar solution.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Old April 3rd 10, 07:19 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Twydell wrote:
Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?
Most likely fault is a build up of detergent residue.

Does that model have a pump or does the liquid flow by gravity?

Just old-fashioned gravity - what Newton discovered when Granny Smith
fell on his head.

Gotta be bunged up then I reckon.

Who, Granny or Newton?

Old June 25th 11, 12:56 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

snip

Good idea to flush the machine with plain water after every use to
stop this happening.
Old October 13th 13, 04:03 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 3 April 2010 11:43:27 UTC+1, Peter Twydell wrote:
Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

This happened to our machine, no blockages, the trigger mechanism needs a 5p piece putting underneath the trigger - pull out the orange securing clip from the base of the handle, lift off the handle and place a 5p piece on top of the release button (you might want to put a bit of blue tack under to hold secure), re assemble the handle and no more problems!! Bryan
Old October 13th 13, 05:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/10/13 15:03, wrote:
On Saturday, 3 April 2010 11:43:27 UTC+1, Peter Twydell wrote:
Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

This happened to our machine, no blockages, the trigger mechanism needs a 5p piece putting underneath the trigger - pull out the orange securing clip from the base of the handle, lift off the handle and place a 5p piece on top of the release button (you might want to put a bit of blue tack under to hold secure), re assemble the handle and no more problems!! Bryan

alternatively get a warranty replacement part. we now have about half
ours replaced under warranty.

It truly is an even bigger peice of **** than the dyson SWMBO also bought.

By making a nuisance of yuourself with VAX they MIGHT just realise a
better design would save them money. Though I doubt it.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old October 13th 13, 05:27 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

I was just wondering the same.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Phil L" wrote in message

This happened to our machine, no blockages, the trigger mechanism
needs a 5p piece putting underneath the trigger - pull out the
orange securing clip from the base of the handle, lift off the handle
and place a 5p piece on top of the release button (you might want to
put a bit of blue tack under to hold secure), re assemble the handle
and no more problems!! Bryan

Why are you responding to a three year old question?