Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Earthing and Plastic Plumbing

This was mentioned last year; I see that the FAQ has an excellent article
on the subject, although the link to Hepworth is dead.
I've just disinterred an article from its box, so had a search. There are
[at least] 2 good sources (although they're really the same content), one
of which is a live link to Hepworth:

http://www.hep2o.co.uk/bititesguideearth.htm

and, as a PDF:

http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A1f4cfb...cfm%3ftype=pdf

or:

http://bit.ly/aA8CUq

(downloads PDF of 83kB).
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The stuff on equipotential bonding in bathrooms has changed with the
17th edition of the wiring regs.

If the supply is fully rcd protected in that location, the requirement
is reduced or eliminated.

(I also noticed that the head of article says "by Paul Cook of the
Institute of Electrical Engineers", but it links to the IEEE - the
american institution. The name of ours has also changed to the IET,
Institute of Engineering Technology)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
The stuff on equipotential bonding in bathrooms has changed with the
17th edition of the wiring regs.

Agreed, however supplementary bonding rules may still apply. Take a bathroom
with an electrical installation that meets the 16th edition and then you add
an electric shower. The 17th edition will probably require the cable for the
shower to be RCD protected but if you are not touching anything else
electrically in the bathroom then the new shower would need to be
supplementary bonded to the rest of the bathroom electrics (and metal
pipework).

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 00:41:50 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

PeterC wrote:
This was mentioned last year; I see that the FAQ has an excellent article
on the subject, although the link to Hepworth is dead.
I've just disinterred an article from its box, so had a search. There are
[at least] 2 good sources (although they're really the same content), one
of which is a live link to Hepworth:

http://www.hep2o.co.uk/bititesguideearth.htm

Ta, I replaced the link in the FAQ with that one.

Thanks John. The FAQ really is good and my first place to look when I need
information.
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.

plastic plumbing [email protected] UK diy 13 August 18th 06 10:01 PM
Plastic plumbing John Lynch Home Repair 14 June 23rd 06 01:22 AM
Plastic ch plumbing Mary Fisher UK diy 23 March 21st 06 08:35 PM
Plastic Plumbing Home Repair 1 September 27th 05 02:02 PM
Plastic plumbing... Spike UK diy 53 July 17th 05 01:52 PM