Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Using a 16A appliance in a 13A socket?

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 17:01:30 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

As \ISay if the right fuse is used cannot see a problem.
Brian

Do Indian plugs have fuses? I thought they used our old round pin
system,
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 22 September 2017 15:55:05 UTC+1, wrote:
I have a reverse query

Sir what will happen if a European oven with 13A main fuse rating is used in India where Standard power plugs are rated 16A after changing European plug to the Indian plug

All will be well.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

As \ISay if the right fuse is used cannot see a problem.
Brian

Do Indian plugs have fuses?

Nope.

I thought they used our old round pin system,

Nope, the new europlug and their own unique higher power plug.
https://www.indiaquickfacts.com/cont...ctric-adapters

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 11:55:33 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:

"Scott" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 17:01:30 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

[...]

Do Indian plugs have fuses?

Nope.

I thought they used our old round pin system,

Nope, the new europlug and their own unique higher power plug.
https://www.indiaquickfacts.com/cont...ctric-adapters

Except that "unique" 15 Amp plug is actually a BS546 type M. Are you
too young to remember them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

As \ISay if the right fuse is used cannot see a problem.
Brian

Do Indian plugs have fuses?

Nope.

I thought they used our old round pin system,

Nope, the new europlug and their own unique higher power plug.
https://www.indiaquickfacts.com/cont...ctric-adapters

which confirms that they do use our old round pin plugs.

Off to Lowes for another appliance... trainfan1 Home Repair 21 May 1st 07 03:47 AM
Malaysian LPG appliance Caecilius UK diy 2 March 31st 07 08:49 PM
what is better 110 or 220 if the appliance can be wired for both. glen07 Home Repair 27 December 1st 06 05:16 PM
appliance value Fred Home Repair 13 July 11th 05 01:48 AM
Best energy appliance timegoesby UK diy 12 August 29th 04 11:55 AM