Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hotpoint condensing tumble dryer

The drum is in a large puddle of water.

Any ideas of the cause please?

I am not familiar with the inside of a condenser.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
news
The drum is in a large puddle of water.

Any ideas of the cause please?

I am not familiar with the inside of a condenser.

It has a pump at the bottom to get rid of the water in the drum, sounds like
its broken.
Does it have a louder than normal hum/buzz?
My washer dryer had a load of fluff and other stuff wrapped around the pump
impeller two days ago which stopped it emptying the drum. I had to unclip
the drain hose from the pump and fish it all out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:14:16 -0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

wrote in message
news
The drum is in a large puddle of water.

Any ideas of the cause please?

I am not familiar with the inside of a condenser.

It has a pump at the bottom to get rid of the water in the drum, sounds like
its broken.
Does it have a louder than normal hum/buzz?
My washer dryer had a load of fluff and other stuff wrapped around the pump
impeller two days ago which stopped it emptying the drum. I had to unclip
the drain hose from the pump and fish it all out.

Thanks Dennis. I will dismantle looking for that problem.

Hotpoint Aquarius Condenser Tumble Dryer [email protected] UK diy 3 August 15th 06 09:53 PM
Condensing tumble dryer Eddie UK diy 2 February 6th 06 11:22 PM
Replace belt in Hotpoint tumble dryer? Bob Eager UK diy 11 August 28th 05 08:26 AM
Installing condensing tumble dryer Martin Pentreath UK diy 9 March 16th 05 02:16 PM
Hotpoint tumble dryer smells! Bob Eager UK diy 5 November 30th 04 05:43 PM