DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dishwasher not swishing: circulation pump gets no power (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/296085-dishwasher-not-swishing-circulation-pump-gets-no-power.html)

The Wise One January 13th 10 07:28 PM

Dishwasher not swishing: circulation pump gets no power

Hi,

I have a Beko "DE 2541 FX" slimline dishwasher that stopped working
properly... just before Christmas.

When I press the button to start the cycle, the machine drains and
then fills as normal and then -- instead of kicking into that rhythmic
swishing sound -- it just sits there in dead silence. After 15 minutes
it might fill again, and if left might fill yet again after another
while. But it never kicks into wash mode. It does this even on the
simple no-heat, pre-wash setting.

I checked the heater, it looks perfectly fine and is not open-circuit.

I checked the thermistor, fine, it correctly changes resistance
when it's in hot water.

Everything looks pretty much perfect, after all it's only three
years old.

The main circulation pump looks pristine, and so does its
capacitor. But when I measured with a multi-meter across the terminals
of the pump (insulated crocodile clips!), I discovered that at no time
does it receive any voltage.

I decided to replace the controller card (only £30) and today I
find it still has exactly the same problem with the new controller
installed. Argh!

So what is the real culprit? Can anyone help? I know there is a
circulation sensor, a thermistor, and various door safety and overfill
doodads but I am not sure what exactly would cause this particular problem.

I would be grateful for anyone's experience and expertise: I don't
want to be defeated by this thing!

With many thanks,

Sandy