Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Russell Hobbs toaster

We have a Russell Hobbs toaster model 14144 which the Mrs has tried to
wreck by shaking it upside down to remove crumbs. Now two of the four
slots won't stay down. Sounds an easy repair but I cannot get inside. I
have removed all the screws from the base but it stays firmly put.

Anyone any idea how to get it open, please?

--
Howard Neil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
o.uk...

We have a Russell Hobbs toaster model 14144 which the Mrs has tried to
wreck by shaking it upside down to remove crumbs. Now two of the four
slots won't stay down. Sounds an easy repair but I cannot get inside. I
have removed all the screws from the base but it stays firmly put.

Anyone any idea how to get it open, please?

--
Howard Neil

My Rowenta suffers from this if shaken - caused by a crumb getting onto the
pole piece of the electro magnet that holds down the toast rest thing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
"Howard Neil" wrote in message
o.uk...
We have a Russell Hobbs toaster model 14144 which the Mrs has tried to
wreck by shaking it upside down to remove crumbs. Now two of the four
slots won't stay down. Sounds an easy repair but I cannot get inside. I
have removed all the screws from the base but it stays firmly put.

Anyone any idea how to get it open, please?

--
Howard Neil

My Rowenta suffers from this if shaken - caused by a crumb getting onto the
pole piece of the electro magnet that holds down the toast rest thing.

I've tried giving it another shaking in case it was a stray crumb but
the problem remains. I suspect that something has become unhooked and
will be a simple repair once I get inside. My angle grinder is starting
to look a good idea.

--
Howard Neil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 15:06:57 +0000, Howard Neil wrote:

We have a Russell Hobbs toaster model 14144 which the Mrs has tried to
wreck by shaking it upside down to remove crumbs. Now two of the four
slots won't stay down. Sounds an easy repair but I cannot get inside. I
have removed all the screws from the base but it stays firmly put.

Anyone any idea how to get it open, please?

Exactly the same problem with our Russell Hobbs toaster. In our case SWMBO
had not shaken it. Sometimes it would stay down, sometimes it wouldn't.
Tried all sorts but finally gave up and bought a new toaster.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

Russell C. Melvin nicu Home Repair 0 March 16th 08 04:25 PM
Chinks, when doesn't Russell join wastefully, Little Prick. Killfile Daemons Woodworking 0 June 27th 06 08:09 AM
Woodturning with Steven D. Russell Vol. #2 Now Available! Steve Russell Woodturning 0 September 30th 04 10:53 AM
6 volt Hobbs meter Whunicut Metalworking 27 July 8th 04 11:34 PM
Where's Steven D. Russell ? Gerald Ross Woodturning 6 December 9th 03 04:42 PM