Old December 8th 09, 02:51 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas meter box keys

Being a scatter brain lately I've lost the key that opens the gas box to
get at the meter. It has a triangular shape and the key is plastic.

Any ideas how I can find one of these keys so I can get to the meter

....its a pre payment gas meter which is low .. and its top up time :-s

I did call the gas company I'm with and they said they dont sell any
such keys.

Old December 8th 09, 02:55 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Joseph Craine wrote:
Being a scatter brain lately I've lost the key that opens the gas box to
get at the meter. It has a triangular shape and the key is plastic.

Any ideas how I can find one of these keys so I can get to the meter

...its a pre payment gas meter which is low .. and its top up time :-s

I did call the gas company I'm with and they said they dont sell any
such keys.

from a quickie google.

http://www.keysbypost.co.uk/meterboxkey.htm

check eBay as well or local hardware shops, pound stores etc ...

--
Adrian C
Old December 8th 09, 02:55 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Joseph Craine" wrote in message
Being a scatter brain lately I've lost the key that opens the gas box to
get at the meter. It has a triangular shape and the key is plastic.

Any ideas how I can find one of these keys so I can get to the meter

...its a pre payment gas meter which is low .. and its top up time :-s

I did call the gas company I'm with and they said they dont sell any such
keys.

DIY shop or borrow one from a neighbour.

Adam

Old December 8th 09, 03:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 13:55:48 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

"Joseph Craine" wrote in message
Being a scatter brain lately I've lost the key that opens the gas box to
get at the meter. It has a triangular shape and the key is plastic.

Any ideas how I can find one of these keys so I can get to the meter

...its a pre payment gas meter which is low .. and its top up time :-s

I did call the gas company I'm with and they said they dont sell any such
keys.

DIY shop or borrow one from a neighbour.

Adam

Screwfix ...and possibly Toolstation as well
Old December 8th 09, 03:06 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Usenet Nutter
wibbled on Tuesday 08 December 2009 14:01

wrote:

"Joseph Craine" wrote in message
Being a scatter brain lately I've lost the key that opens the gas box to
get at the meter. It has a triangular shape and the key is plastic.

Any ideas how I can find one of these keys so I can get to the meter

...its a pre payment gas meter which is low .. and its top up time :-s

I did call the gas company I'm with and they said they dont sell any
such keys.

DIY shop or borrow one from a neighbour.

Adam

Screwfix ...and possibly Toolstation as well

Mine's the same as my leccy meter box, although the latter is a bit of bent
metal.

That should double the OP's chance of locating one.

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Old December 8th 09, 03:12 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Joseph Craine" wrote in message
Being a scatter brain lately I've lost the key that opens the gas box
get at the meter. It has a triangular shape and the key is plastic.

Any ideas how I can find one of these keys so I can get to the meter

...its a pre payment gas meter which is low .. and its top up time :-s

I did call the gas company I'm with and they said they dont sell any
such keys.

DIY shop or borrow one from a neighbour.

Adam

Screwfix ...and possibly Toolstation as well

Mine's the same as my leccy meter box, although the latter is a bit of
bent
metal.

That should double the OP's chance of locating one.

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

I also have a

http://www.keysbypost.co.uk/multi4waykey.htm

but I seldom use it.

Adam

Old December 8th 09, 03:25 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 13:51:36 +0000, Joseph Craine
wrote:

Being a scatter brain lately I've lost the key that opens the gas box to
get at the meter. It has a triangular shape and the key is plastic.

Any ideas how I can find one of these keys so I can get to the meter

My electric meter is in one of those boxes. I never had a key. The
box was frequently left open by the meter reader, so I rang the leccy
company (the one that I pay (paid) for my leccy) and they sent me one
f.o.c. (marked 'Gas'!).

--
Frank Erskine
Old December 8th 09, 04:08 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Joseph Craine" wrote in message
Being a scatter brain lately I've lost the key that opens the gas box
to get at the meter. It has a triangular shape and the key is plastic.

Any ideas how I can find one of these keys so I can get to the meter

...its a pre payment gas meter which is low .. and its top up time :-s

I did call the gas company I'm with and they said they dont sell any
such keys.

DIY shop or borrow one from a neighbour.

Adam

Screwfix ...and possibly Toolstation as well

And CPC

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Old December 8th 09, 06:31 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Joseph Craine used his keyboard to write :
Being a scatter brain lately I've lost the key that opens the gas box to get
at the meter. It has a triangular shape and the key is plastic.

Any ideas how I can find one of these keys so I can get to the meter

...its a pre payment gas meter which is low .. and its top up time :-s

I did call the gas company I'm with and they said they dont sell any such
keys.

Most hardware shops will sell these, they come as a 'spider' of four
types of key one of which fits a meter cupboard. I have also seen them
in pound shops.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old December 8th 09, 07:28 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Joseph Craine used his keyboard to write :
Being a scatter brain lately I've lost the key that opens the gas
box to get at the meter. It has a triangular shape and the key is
plastic. Any ideas how I can find one of these keys so I can get to the
meter

...its a pre payment gas meter which is low .. and its top up time
:-s I did call the gas company I'm with and they said they dont sell any
such keys.

Most hardware shops will sell these, they come as a 'spider' of four
types of key one of which fits a meter cupboard. I have also seen them
in pound shops.

How much were they :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman