DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   wtf with google groups? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/292753-re-wtf-google-groups.html)

[email protected] November 28th 09 01:31 AM

wtf with google groups?

On 28 Nov, 02:01, John Stumbles wrote:
Is it something with my setup of has Google borked its groups interface?

If I try to follow a link e.g. to the Google groups interface to uk.d-i-yhttp://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.d-i-y/topicsinstead of getting the
group I just get a page saying

Google groups

Create and share with groups of people

*... blah blah ...

and an invitation to "Sign up to Google Groups with your Google Account"

--
John Stumbles

My karma ran over my dogma

Still OK for me, and I use it to access loads of Usenet groups[*].
Occasionally when I try to post it makes me log in again, but that's
all.

Chris
[*] OK, I know that makes me a sad case, and I should spend 5 minutes
setting up whatever interface everyone says is better and doesn't
class me as a spammer, but if I had 5 minutes to write a sig it would
say: "Eternity does not have enough 5-minute slots for all the 5-
minute jobs you say I should do."