DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Makita Impact screwdriver bits (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/292003-makita-impact-screwdriver-bits.html)

mark November 17th 09 07:04 PM

Makita Impact screwdriver bits

I've a got the small Makita impact screw driver. It has smashed its way
through all my bits so I am looking for replacements.

Any recommendations?

mark

pcb1962 November 17th 09 07:12 PM

On 17 Nov, 19:04, "mark" wrote:
I've a got *the small Makita impact screw driver. *It has smashed its way
through all my bits so I am looking for replacements.

Any recommendations?

I bought this set a couple of years ago (on recommendation of somebody
here ISTR) http://www.screwfix.com/prods/38206
I've only had to discard one bit so far.

[email protected] November 17th 09 07:16 PM

Makita Impact screwdriver bits

Wiha or Wera

As far up the range as you can afford to go.

http://www.screwfix.com/cats/100403/...nd-Coated-Bits

http://www.axminster.co.uk/category-...ets-206998.htm

I recently collected together all the bits that had survived long term
heavy usage - they were mostly Wiha Dura bits.

The Medway Handyman November 17th 09 08:11 PM

wrote:
Wiha or Wera

As far up the range as you can afford to go.

http://www.screwfix.com/cats/100403/...nd-Coated-Bits

http://www.axminster.co.uk/category-...ets-206998.htm

I recently collected together all the bits that had survived long term
heavy usage - they were mostly Wiha Dura bits.

I've had the opposite experience & found that the more expensive ones
shatter! I buy the plastic tic tac boxes of 20 or so bits, last lot DeWalt
on offer @ SF or Wickes own label - About a £5 a box maximum.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

dent[_2_] November 18th 09 12:47 PM

On 17 Nov, 19:04, "mark" wrote:
I've a got *the small Makita impact screw driver. *It has smashed its way
through all my bits so I am looking for replacements.

Any recommendations?

mark

Wera diamond coated.

dan.

Bolted[_3_] November 18th 09 05:03 PM

On 18 Nov, 12:47, dent wrote:
On 17 Nov, 19:04, "mark" wrote:

I've a got *the small Makita impact screw driver. *It has smashed its way
through all my bits so I am looking for replacements.

Any recommendations?

mark

Wera diamond coated.

dan.

Not very good in an impact driver in my experience - they shatter.
Presumably they are given a much higher temper to slow down wear in a
normal driver. Cheapos, if you get the right box, can last better
than those, or the Dura ones are the best.