DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lacquer or oil finish (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/291943-lacquer-oil-finish.html)

Floors November 16th 09 08:01 PM

Lacquer or oil finish

Which do most people prefer an oiled finish or a lacquered finish?

I use both and polished finishes.

Have a look tell me what you think.
http://www.brierleymills.co.uk/index.php

Polished floor;
http://www.brierleymills.co.uk/enlarge.php?img=4

Lacquered
http://www.brierleymills.co.uk/enlarge.php?img=8

Tim W[_2_] November 16th 09 08:56 PM

Lacquer or oil finish

Floors
wibbled on Monday 16 November 2009 20:01

Is this a thinly disguised attempt to spamvertise one supplier that you've
mentioned umpteen times in 3 posts?

Claiming to be a fitter and asking DIY entry level questions (best make/best
finish) hardly rings true does it...

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

David November 17th 09 11:14 AM

Lacquer or oil finish

On Nov 16, 8:01*pm, Floors
wrote:
Which do most people prefer an oiled finish or a lacquered finish?

If I was looking, I'd probably go to
http://www.hardwoodfloors.uk.com/
in the same area, who are probably vastly superior.
If you missed that, it's
http://www.hardwoodfloors.uk.com/

Or indeed
http://www.hensleigh-wooden-flooring.co.uk/
that's
http://www.hensleigh-wooden-flooring.co.uk/
by the way

So to recap
http://www.hardwoodfloors.uk.com/
or http://www.hensleigh-wooden-flooring.co.uk/

I have no relation to the above companies except in promoting them in
preference to the ludicrous spam above. Crikey, it's like 1999 in its
sophistication....

Floors November 17th 09 08:34 PM

Lacquer or oil finish

On 17 Nov, 11:14, David wrote:
On Nov 16, 8:01*pm, Floors
wrote:

Which do most people prefer an oiled finish or a lacquered finish?

If I was looking, I'd probably go tohttp://www.hardwoodfloors.uk.com/
in the same area, who are probably vastly superior.
If you missed that, it'shttp://www.hardwoodfloors.uk.com/

Or indeedhttp://www.hensleigh-wooden-flooring.co.uk/
that'shttp://www.hensleigh-wooden-flooring.co.uk/
by the way

So to recaphttp://www.hardwoodfloors.uk.com/
orhttp://www.hensleigh-wooden-flooring.co.uk/

I have no relation to the above companies except in promoting them in
preference to the ludicrous spam above. *Crikey, it's like 1999 in its
sophistication....

Your a suspicious character.

Ash[_4_] November 17th 09 08:37 PM

Lacquer or oil finish

Your a suspicious character.

You're !

geoff November 17th 09 09:24 PM

Lacquer or oil finish

In message
,
Floors writes
On 17 Nov, 11:14, David wrote:
On Nov 16, 8:01*pm, Floors
wrote:

Which do most people prefer an oiled finish or a lacquered finish?

If I was looking, I'd probably go tohttp://www.hardwoodfloors.uk.com/
in the same area, who are probably vastly superior.
If you missed that, it'shttp://www.hardwoodfloors.uk.com/

Or indeedhttp://www.hensleigh-wooden-flooring.co.uk/
that'shttp://www.hensleigh-wooden-flooring.co.uk/
by the way

So to recaphttp://www.hardwoodfloors.uk.com/
orhttp://www.hensleigh-wooden-flooring.co.uk/

I have no relation to the above companies except in promoting them in
preference to the ludicrous spam above. *Crikey, it's like 1999 in its
sophistication....

Your a suspicious character.

And you're a spamming retard

guaranteed to get no trade from this NG

**** off

--
geoff

Steve Walker November 19th 09 09:05 PM

Lacquer or oil finish

Floors wrote:
Your a suspicious character.

Not as suspicious as you, matey.

You're using the address, which
identifies you as the webmaster for
http://trinityinteriorssouthwell.co.uk/
with your own site at http://mkldesign.co.uk/. So are you perhaps Michael
Lewin, the chubster Managing Director of this shabby, spamming outfit, or
are you one of his 'talented creative team'?

Should we mail you at to clarify whether your
Trinity Interiors clients are aware that you're damaging their online
reputation by using their domain to send out spamverts for
brierleymills.co.uk ?

Or maybe we should contact Trinity Interiors directly via
? They should perhaps be warned that their
webmasters are rank amateurs who can't even spam newsgroups properly.

JimK[_2_] November 19th 09 09:21 PM

Lacquer or oil finish

On 19 Nov, 21:05, "Steve Walker" wrote:
Floors wrote:
Your a suspicious character.

Not as suspicious as you, matey.

You're using the address, which
identifies you as the webmaster forhttp://trinityinteriorssouthwell.co.uk/
with your own site athttp://mkldesign.co.uk/. So are you perhaps Michael
Lewin, the chubster Managing Director of this shabby, spamming outfit, or
are you one of his 'talented creative team'?

Should we mail you at to clarify whether your
Trinity Interiors clients are aware that you're damaging their online
reputation by using their domain to send out spamverts for
brierleymills.co.uk ?

Or maybe we should contact Trinity Interiors directly via
? They should perhaps be warned that their
webmasters are rank amateurs who can't even spam newsgroups properly.

nicely done Steve :))