DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   tubular latches needed - long length (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/291332-tubular-latches-needed-long-length.html)

John November 8th 09 07:10 PM

tubular latches needed - long length

Hi,

Moved to a new house (well built about 1930) and looking to change some of
the door furniture on the internal doors upstairs. Currently they all have
those 'roller latches'
(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROLLER-DOOR-CA...137943fed944e9)
which create a hell of a noise when closing doors - especially were kids are
concerned! The door handles are the cermanic round type
(http://www.allsortsofhandles.co.uk/ceramic.asp) .

The plan is to use the existing door handle locations (the bit where the
spindle goes) and buy new latches like these
http://www.handles4doors.co.uk/Door-...63/p29563.aspx .
The problem being that the distance between the handle and edge of the door
varies. the shortest being 87mm and longest 110mm.

Can anyone direct me where I can buy latches that would cover these
distances (or be very close) ?

Thanks,
John

Usenet Nutter November 8th 09 07:59 PM

tubular latches needed - long length

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 19:10:53 -0000, "John"
wrote:

[...]

I can only see 102mm in Screwfix but have a look here .
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...es+&meta=&rlz=

http://www.e-hardware.co.uk/acatalog...r_Latches.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...es+&meta=&rlz=

John November 9th 09 09:07 AM

.
The problem being that the distance between the handle and edge of the
door
varies. the shortest being 87mm and longest 110mm.

Can anyone direct me where I can buy latches that would cover these
distances (or be very close) ?

Thanks,
John

I can only see 102mm in Screwfix but have a look here .
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...es+&meta=&rlz=

http://www.e-hardware.co.uk/acatalog...r_Latches.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...es+&meta=&rlz=

Are you aware you can change the spring tension on most roller latches with
a screwdriver? Also a spray of silicone grease may make them quieter