DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removing tar from tarmac path (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/290771-removing-tar-tarmac-path.html)

jgharston November 1st 09 07:43 PM

Removing tar from tarmac path

A couple of days ago I came home and found that my neighbour
had had his yard retarmaced. However, the chavs who did it for
him had obviously wheelbarreled the tar down my gennel and
across my half of the back yard, leaving tar trails all the way.
Any suggestions on how to remove the tar from my tarmac
without actually removing the tarmac?

--
JGH

Steve Walker November 1st 09 07:45 PM

jgharston wrote:
A couple of days ago I came home and found that my neighbour
had had his yard retarmaced. However, the chavs who did it for
him had obviously wheelbarreled the tar down my gennel and
across my half of the back yard, leaving tar trails all the way.
Any suggestions on how to remove the tar from my tarmac
without actually removing the tarmac?

Yeah - go round to his house and tell him that if it isn't cleaned up within
7 days you'll hire contractors and send him the bill.

Andy Champ[_2_] November 2nd 09 09:23 PM

Steve Walker wrote:
jgharston wrote:
A couple of days ago I came home and found that my neighbour
had had his yard retarmaced. However, the chavs who did it for
him had obviously wheelbarreled the tar down my gennel and
across my half of the back yard, leaving tar trails all the way.
Any suggestions on how to remove the tar from my tarmac
without actually removing the tarmac?

Yeah - go round to his house and tell him that if it isn't cleaned up within
7 days you'll hire contractors and send him the bill.

Unhappy as the situation sounds you must do this. Try and fix it, and
stuff it up, and he'd be entitled to say that it is now your problem.

Andy