DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Carpet-Wood Floor Junction (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/289937-re-carpet-wood-floor-junction.html)

Jules[_2_] October 21st 09 02:38 PM

Carpet-Wood Floor Junction

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:57:15 +0100, TheScullster wrote:

"Andy Dee" wrote

Using a strip of carpet gripper fastened to the floor with a gap similar
to what you would have around the edges of the room.

Thanks Andy
I guessed this might be the arrangement, but it doesn't seem as rhobust as
the usual threshold strips which protect the "nose edge" of the carpet.

Won't the nose edge be protected by the edge of the wood floor, though?
You're just raising the top of the carpet up to the same level as the wood
floor by placing the gripper strip underneath.

(I'm not seeing how there's potential to damage the carpet with that setup
any more than with one of the metal threshold strips that has the curved
nose edge)