DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Another CORGI fitter bodge... (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/289509-another-corgi-fitter-bodge.html)

Tim W[_2_] October 15th 09 09:09 PM

Another CORGI fitter bodge...

I do seem to attract them...

Our landlord's boiler started dying again (Apollo Fanfare Si). Last time it
was the pressure switch and the time before it was the fan and the time
before that it was the primary water thermostat.

Poor landlord is just about to replace it anyway. And there's no immersion
heater because Crest Homes are cheap *******s - lack of HW is the biggest
problem.

So landlord (nice bloke) gets his mate in who's recently passed his Gas Safe
assessements and been signed off...

What does he find:

Old pressure switch still there, because one screw was jammed and the new
pressure switch perched next to it. New switch must have fallen over and
landed on something hot as the casing was partly melted and perforated
which is why it died.

He drilled the screw out and fixed the problem properly.

*sigh*

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Tim W[_2_] October 16th 09 07:39 AM

Another CORGI fitter bodge...

John Rumm
wibbled on Friday 16 October 2009 00:22

Nice to know that some "pros" take such care!

It's the second time I've had trouble. First time, he was a numpty, this
time, he's a half-arsed sod.

Never mind, I've just found a new consultant to double check my upcoming gas
work.

Andrew Gabriel October 16th 09 07:24 PM

Another CORGI fitter bodge...

In article ,
Tim W writes:
[...]

British Gas are currently running a newspaper advert
with the headline...

"With British Gas, you can afford a boiler repair every month"

So was it British Gas? ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel

Tim W[_2_] October 16th 09 08:57 PM

Another CORGI fitter bodge...

Andrew Gabriel
wibbled on Friday 16 October 2009 19:24

In article ,
Tim W writes:
[...]

No - it was a local independant, surprisingly...