DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Supplier of cabinet service locks wanted (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/289339-supplier-cabinet-service-locks-wanted.html)

RJS October 13th 09 03:32 PM

Supplier of cabinet service locks wanted

I'm looking for a supplier of the sort of cam lock which requires the
use of a square section key to open. I think it's called a service
key.

The idea is to use a pair of these locks on each of the under-eaves
access panels in my loft. The cam would open into the frame that the
panel sits in.

I've seen things such as the panels which hide lavatory cisterns in
office washrooms secured with them but I've no idea what to ask for or
Google for.

TIA

Richard

Frank Erskine October 13th 09 03:55 PM

Supplier of cabinet service locks wanted

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 07:32:10 -0700 (PDT), RJS had
this to say:

I'm looking for a supplier of the sort of cam lock which requires the
use of a square section key to open. I think it's called a service
key.

I've sometimes heard the key referred to as a "budgie key".

--
Frank Erskine

Dave Osborne[_2_] October 13th 09 03:55 PM

RJS wrote:
I'm looking for a supplier of the sort of cam lock which requires the
use of a square section key to open. I think it's called a service
key.

The idea is to use a pair of these locks on each of the under-eaves
access panels in my loft. The cam would open into the frame that the
panel sits in.

I've seen things such as the panels which hide lavatory cisterns in
office washrooms secured with them but I've no idea what to ask for or
Google for.

TIA

Richard

The expression you're looking for is "budget locks"

loadsa hits on Google.

RJS October 13th 09 04:10 PM

On 13 Oct, 15:55, Dave Osborne wrote:

The expression you're looking for is "budget locks"

loadsa hits on Google.

Perfect!

Richard