DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lifting ceramic floor tiles (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/2884-lifting-ceramic-floor-tiles.html)

Jerry Lowe October 21st 03 05:55 PM

Lifting ceramic floor tiles

I need to replace 5-6 ceramic floor tiles in the kitchen which have been
chipped over the last few years. I could use a hammer & chisel, but I
wondered whether an SDS drill in chisel mode would make the whole job a lot
easier. I'd drill 3-4 holes in the centre of the tile before chiselling out
from the centre to the sides.

Has anyone tried this ? If so would I be better off with a cheap 5kg SDS
drill such as the FERM from screwfix at £30 or a 2kg Dewalt SDS drill ? I'm
not sure whether the 5kg drill would do more damage to surrounding tiles or
concrete base than the 2kg drill.