DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Carpet dry cleaning (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/288398-carpet-dry-cleaning.html)

bob September 30th 09 04:04 PM

Carpet dry cleaning

I am looking to get my carpets cleaned and i was recommended this
company

http://www.cleaningdoctor.net/

Looks like a franchise and was wondering if anyone has ever used them
or had experience of the Dry Fusion™ cleaning system or similar dry
cleaning? Is dry cleaning better than steam cleaning?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

The Medway Handyman September 30th 09 05:17 PM

Carpet dry cleaning

bob wrote:
I am looking to get my carpets cleaned and i was recommended this
company

http://www.cleaningdoctor.net/

Looks like a franchise and was wondering if anyone has ever used them
or had experience of the Dry Fusion™ cleaning system or similar dry
cleaning? Is dry cleaning better than steam cleaning?

Nothing new there, its a technique called bonnet mopping thats been around
for years. Its a maintenance clean, not a deep clean e.g. it cleans the
surface of the carpet, but not deep down into the pile.

'Steam Cleaning' is a misnomer. The correct term is hot water spray
extraction. Hot water when sprayed under pressure looks a bit like steam
hence the name.

Spray extraction is a real deep clean, much better IME than bonnet mopping.

More info on the DIY Wiki
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...t_Cleaning_FAQ

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman