Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi pressure washer on sale 8th Oct 1009

Hello,

Whilst in Aldi, I saw a poster advertising a pressure washer for sale
a week on Thursday.

I got the impression that this group thought quite highly of the
previous Aldi pressure washers. It was said they were made by Karcher
and they were in Karcher yellow.

BUT... the poster shows a blue bodied pressure washer this time round
and the cost is only £59.99. This seems a bit too cheap to me. Could
it be that this model is not as well spec'ed as the previous ones they
have sold?

From what I have been able to find via google:

Old New

Power 2.1 kW 2.0 kW
Max Pressure* 150 bar 160 bar
Flow (L/h) 450 360
hose length (m) 6 5

Cleaning effect**1.875 1.6

* usual disclaimer about max pressure not being operating pressure
presumably applies

**based on pressure washer faq

The flow seems considerably more on the old model. Notwithstanding the
pressure figures are probably massaged, both have a cleaning effect
1.5, which he FAQ says is good.

Certainly the old model has an induction motor, it's description said
so, but I am unsure about the new model. It does however, come on
wheels, so if it is heavy enough to require wheels perhaps it has an
induction motor and metal parts?

Does anyone know more about the new model? Is it worth getting, or is
it best to wait for the old one to come back (if it ever will?)

Thanks,
Stephen.