DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   macdee side entry valve spares ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/288348-macdee-side-entry-valve-spares.html)

Jethro September 29th 09 08:18 PM

macdee side entry valve spares ?

Hi guys

when I redid our bathroom I fitted a Macdee concealed cistern ... no
problems there. It cam with a side-entry contraption which acted as a
ballcock. It has a blue float which slides up the central pipe which
fills the cistern. On top there is a blue fitting, which has started
to leak ... I am guessing this is some sort of anti-backflow
mechanism. Coincidentally (or not) it seems the fill valve itself
isn't closing 100% every time.

The whole assembly is easy to strip down ... question is is it
possible to get spares for it, or am I condemned to buy a new unit ?

Have googled, but Macdees site is rather sparse and doesn't show my
model :-(

NT[_2_] September 30th 09 09:53 AM

On Sep 29, 8:18*pm, Jethro wrote:
Hi guys

when I redid our bathroom I fitted a Macdee concealed cistern ... no
problems there. It cam with a side-entry contraption which acted as a
ballcock. It has a blue float which slides up the central pipe which
fills the cistern. On top there is a blue fitting, which has started
to leak ... I am guessing this is some sort of anti-backflow
mechanism. Coincidentally (or not) it seems the fill valve itself
isn't closing 100% every time.

The whole assembly is easy to strip down ... question is is it
possible to get spares for it, or am I condemned to buy a new unit ?

Have googled, but Macdees site is rather sparse and doesn't show my
model :-(

can you provide detailed photos? A lot of low tech stuff is fixable
without manufacturer's parts.

NT