Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default That Lidl SDS ...

Well the 2 local Lidls in Exeter put their small stock out last night and
they went immediately, so none this morning when I checked )-:

Good luck to anyone else after one!

Gordon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
Well the 2 local Lidls in Exeter put their small stock out last night and
they went immediately, so none this morning when I checked )-:

Good luck to anyone else after one!

Gordon

Same none here, and the power screwdrivers were all gone.

Pft maybe if I wake up earlier and que before opening lol ... which I guess
is what people do to get them. The guy in the store said there were only a
few.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dubber wrote:
Same none here, and the power screwdrivers were all gone.

Loads at Clapham Junction this morning. Could you try another branch?

--
*Nostalgia isn't what is used to be.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 10, 12:10*pm, "Dubber" wrote:
"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message

Well the 2 local Lidls in Exeter put their small stock out last night and
they went immediately, so none this morning when I checked )-:

Good luck to anyone else after one!

Gordon

Same none here, and the power screwdrivers were all gone.

Pft maybe if I wake up earlier and que before opening lol ... which I guess
is what people do to get them. The guy in the store said there were only a
few.

At that price and only available in a limited number of stores, I
think they were just clearing remaining stock from earlier in the
year.

The manager of the local Aldi said that, after a certain length of
time on display, some of their unsold specials get sent over to
Ireland.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Gordon Henderson
writes
Well the 2 local Lidls in Exeter put their small stock out last night and
they went immediately, so none this morning when I checked )-:

Thanks for that tip, I suppose that it makes sense for them to put out
stock in the quiet hours before closing so I'll check for rare bargains
the night before in future. My local stores weren't included in the SDS
sell off btw.
--
fred

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 18:58:20 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Same none here, and the power screwdrivers were all gone.

Loads at Clapham Junction this morning.

Must have been a good twenty of the drivers in Carlisle before 12:42,
when I bought mine. The SDS wasn't listed on the website as available
from the Carlisle store and I saw no sign or gap for it either.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:32:11 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
wrote:

Well the 2 local Lidls in Exeter put their small stock out last night and
they went immediately, so none this morning when I checked )-:

Good luck to anyone else after one!

Gordon

I was queueing outside the Yeovil branch before opening time and was
second in line. The doors opened and in we went, a couple of white van
men and a solo shopper came careering past and made straight for the
drills, being disabled I was at something of a disadvantage and made
it well after them. Apparently there was only four in the store and
these three guys were out of the store with them all in a flash.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember mike saying
something like:

The manager of the local Aldi said that, after a certain length of
time on display, some of their unsold specials get sent over to
Ireland.

Where they languish forever in the smaller town stores, once local
impulse buying has been satisfied. I noticed some of the bench drills
were kicking around unsold for several months in a smaller Aldi near me.
I wonder if they have a disposal policy, ie, do they grimly hang on
reducing the prices until everything's gone, or does someone local get
the chance to purchase the remainder at clearance prices. If the latter,
I can't say I've noticed Aldi or Lidl own brand gear being outed from
anywhere elsel.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
Where they languish forever in the smaller town stores, once local
impulse buying has been satisfied. I noticed some of the bench drills
were kicking around unsold for several months in a smaller Aldi near me.
I wonder if they have a disposal policy, ie, do they grimly hang on
reducing the prices until everything's gone, or does someone local get
the chance to purchase the remainder at clearance prices. If the latter,
I can't say I've noticed Aldi or Lidl own brand gear being outed from
anywhere elsel.

The smaller stores do sometimes reduce prices if they have one or two left
over - simply because they need the space for new offers. The larger ones
don't seem to. The biggest one round here is at Clapham Junction and they
have some stuff - still at full price - from months ago.

--
*If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

I can't say I've noticed Aldi or Lidl own brand gear being outed from
anywhere elsel.

When I worked out in Cambridgeshire it was normal to see Aldi/Lidl/Makro
specials on sale in Cash Converters for ludicrously high prices -
usually three times the price that the original offer had values the
items at. All unused and in the original packaging so either people buy
that stuff then pawn it or Cash Converters has a deal to be the ultimate
resting place of unwanted "bargain" offers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Plowman (News)"
saying something like:

The smaller stores do sometimes reduce prices if they have one or two left
over - simply because they need the space for new offers. The larger ones
don't seem to. The biggest one round here is at Clapham Junction and they
have some stuff - still at full price - from months ago.

Afaik, each store manager has some degree of autonomy, certainly in what
'extra' items they choose to stock over and above the core range. My
local Lidl hasn't stocked tuna pasta sauce for ages, yet others do.
I suspect the manager might be free to decide what to let things go for,
but some might be unimaginative enough to not drop the price to the
selling point.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2009-09-12, Steve Firth wrote:
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

I can't say I've noticed Aldi or Lidl own brand gear being outed from
anywhere elsel.

When I worked out in Cambridgeshire it was normal to see Aldi/Lidl/Makro
specials on sale in Cash Converters

What were you doing in Cash Converters?

At the time wondering if the table saw that I could see in the windown
was worth buying. It wasn't. I hadn't seen one of these places before
and didn't realise at the time it was a pawnbroker rather than a
second-hand shop.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

Where they languish forever in the smaller town stores, once local
impulse buying has been satisfied. I noticed some of the bench drills
were kicking around unsold for several months in a smaller Aldi near me.
I wonder if they have a disposal policy, ie, do they grimly hang on
reducing the prices until everything's gone, or does someone local get
the chance to purchase the remainder at clearance prices. If the latter,
I can't say I've noticed Aldi or Lidl own brand gear being outed from
anywhere elsel.

Don't know abot aldi, but Lidl occasionally have "Car park sales".

I know the hastings one has done this, as has the ashford one.

All the old stuff from (seemingly) many stores gets piled up in the car
park. You (and a million other people) attempt to fill a trolly. Once the
fighting has finished (and no, I'm not joking here) you negotiate a price
for your trolly.

Some serious bargains to be had (along with huge amounts of crap).

They tend to not be advertised - but regulars often get tipped off
apparantly.

Only been to one. Never again. I'll pay full price thankyouverymuch!

See http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=224971

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember (dmc) saying
something like:

Only been to one. Never again. I'll pay full price thankyouverymuch!

See
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=224971

Marvin
"Sounds ghastly."
/M

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/09/09 09:32, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Good luck to anyone else after one!

Having a job in mind I did half-heartedly try to get one, but none in
sight by the time I got there, having previously borrowed one of the
"heavy clunker" Screwfix specials I wasn't really keen to get one of
those, so bit the bullet and went for the Makita HR2470T, on the basis
of not wishing I'd bought a better one later.

Ordered it yesterday for £131 all-in from directtools.com, comes with a
wide chisel bit and three identical sets of 5 bits (the free bits offer
is via the manufacturer not the retailer, so no opportunity to swap for
a wider selection of bits) apparently it has arrived today.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 10/09/09 09:32, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Good luck to anyone else after one!

Having a job in mind I did half-heartedly try to get one, but none in
sight by the time I got there, having previously borrowed one of the
"heavy clunker" Screwfix specials I wasn't really keen to get one of
those, so bit the bullet and went for the Makita HR2470T, on the basis of
not wishing I'd bought a better one later.

Ordered it yesterday for £131 all-in from directtools.com, comes with a
wide chisel bit and three identical sets of 5 bits (the free bits offer is
via the manufacturer not the retailer, so no opportunity to swap for a
wider selection of bits) apparently it has arrived today.

Santa came early this year to your house.

Adam

SDS at Lidl for £20 The Medway Handyman UK diy 8 September 4th 09 12:11 AM
Lidl again Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 18 November 9th 08 06:44 PM
Its Lidl again :-) George UK diy 27 March 29th 08 10:53 AM
SDS @ Lidl cupra UK diy 0 July 13th 06 01:15 PM
Lidl again! David Lang UK diy 35 July 28th 05 11:48 PM