DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   B&Q Bargains (no, really !) (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/286249-b-q-bargains-no-really.html)

Colin Wilson September 4th 09 01:51 PM

B&Q Bargains (no, really !)

Not sure if the're everywhere at this price, but a pack of 2 halogens,
150W, 300W or 500W were 10p at the St Helens store earlier today.

Dimmable spiral CFLs for £2 as well (think they were 20W or 25W) -
supposed to work with any standard dimmer.

Colin Wilson September 4th 09 07:47 PM

B&Q Bargains (no, really !)

Not sure if the're everywhere at this price, but a pack of 2 halogens,
150W, 300W or 500W were 10p at the St Helens store earlier today.
Dimmable spiral CFLs for £2 as well (think they were 20W or 25W) -
supposed to work with any standard dimmer.

Small update on this, they also had a variety of kitchen cupboard
doors and drawer fronts at £1 each

dmc September 5th 09 09:10 PM

B&Q Bargains (no, really !)

In article ,
Colin Wilson o.uk wrote:

Dimmable spiral CFLs for 2 as well (think they were 20W or 25W) -
supposed to work with any standard dimmer.

They had dimmable CFLs in the sale in the Folkestone store last week.
Only the type that are dimmable with a normal switch though :-(

Any one tried the ones that work with dimmers - are they any good?
Anyone know a cheap source of decent ones (yes yes, I know - cheap and
decent...)

Darren

Colin Wilson September 6th 09 01:06 AM

B&Q Bargains (no, really !)

Any one tried the ones that work with dimmers - are they any good?

The one I picked up seems to vary from a yellowish hue (rather than
the ordinary tungsten filament orange) at full brightness, down to a
blueish hue at lower levels.