DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   rewiring iron cord strain relief (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/285576-rewiring-iron-cord-strain-relief.html)

someone August 26th 09 10:40 PM

rewiring iron cord strain relief

I noticed some correspondence recently regarding rewiring an iron, which I
did with mine a few years ago. What I would like to ask is, where can I buy
a cord strain relief collar? I tried to make one out of duck tape but it
didn't last long. Is there anywhere one can buy these things in the U.K.?

In fact I could use some of these for lots of appliances around the home.

Thanks, from someone

Harry Bloomfield[_3_] August 26th 09 11:22 PM

After serious thinking someone wrote :
I noticed some correspondence recently regarding rewiring an iron, which I
did with mine a few years ago. What I would like to ask is, where can I buy
a cord strain relief collar? I tried to make one out of duck tape but it
didn't last long. Is there anywhere one can buy these things in the U.K.?

In fact I could use some of these for lots of appliances around the home.

Several layers of heatshrink sleeving, each layer shorter than the ones
below it?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Dave August 26th 09 11:50 PM

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
After serious thinking someone wrote :
I noticed some correspondence recently regarding rewiring an iron,
which I did with mine a few years ago. What I would like to ask is,
where can I buy a cord strain relief collar? I tried to make one out
of duck tape but it didn't last long. Is there anywhere one can buy
these things in the U.K.?

In fact I could use some of these for lots of appliances around the home.

Several layers of heatshrink sleeving, each layer shorter than the ones
below it?

Where is there to buy it in small quantities?

Dave

S Viemeister[_2_] August 27th 09 12:00 AM

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
After serious thinking someone wrote :
I noticed some correspondence recently regarding rewiring an iron,
which I did with mine a few years ago. What I would like to ask is,
where can I buy a cord strain relief collar? I tried to make one out
of duck tape but it didn't last long. Is there anywhere one can buy
these things in the U.K.?

In fact I could use some of these for lots of appliances around the home.

Several layers of heatshrink sleeving, each layer shorter than the ones
below it?

I'd do it the other way - start with a short layer, and have each
succeeding layer longer than the one before - makes a neater finish.

Dave August 27th 09 12:53 AM

S Viemeister wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
After serious thinking someone wrote :
I noticed some correspondence recently regarding rewiring an iron,
which I did with mine a few years ago. What I would like to ask is,
where can I buy a cord strain relief collar? I tried to make one out
of duck tape but it didn't last long. Is there anywhere one can buy
these things in the U.K.?

In fact I could use some of these for lots of appliances around the
home.

Several layers of heatshrink sleeving, each layer shorter than the
ones below it?

I'd do it the other way - start with a short layer, and have each
succeeding layer longer than the one before - makes a neater finish.

Good point and there will only be one catch point on iron cable.

Dave