DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   underground drainage part 2 (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/285542-underground-drainage-part-2-a.html)

Stephen[_6_] August 26th 09 02:32 PM

underground drainage part 2

Hello,

I bought one of these:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Stru.../sd2804/p96056

Like all fittings of that type, it has a black rubber seal around the
end. Under the seal is a rigid red circle of plastic. Is it important?
Does it keep the rubber seal in place? I ask because mine arrived
broken and I am wondering whether I can live without it or whether I
need to get a new one.

Thanks,
Stephen.

Grimly Curmudgeon August 27th 09 07:32 AM

underground drainage part 2

drugs began to take hold. I remember Stephen
saying something like:

I bought one of these:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Stru.../sd2804/p96056

Like all fittings of that type, it has a black rubber seal around the
end. Under the seal is a rigid red circle of plastic. Is it important?
Does it keep the rubber seal in place? I ask because mine arrived
broken and I am wondering whether I can live without it or whether I
need to get a new one.

Do you mean a ring underneath the rubber, so that the rubber is grooved
onto it?
A ring of plastic to retain the rubber seal is an improvement, but
plenty were/are made without it, so I wouldn't worry. Once it's in place
it remains where it's put, just the red ring would help keep the rubber
more securely located as you push it in / slide it out.