DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Moisture meters (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/285394-moisture-meters.html)

robgraham August 24th 09 12:43 PM

Moisture meters

I know there are limitations in the pin type moister meters but I've
found some types I've not come across before from this Ebay seller and
wonder if anyone knows anything about them.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/easyli...fsubZ278104016

Would be used to check moisture content of wood for wood stove and,
obviously different stock, for wood turning.

Thanks
Rob

Bob Minchin[_2_] August 24th 09 02:19 PM

Moisture meters

robgraham wrote:
I know there are limitations in the pin type moister meters but I've
found some types I've not come across before from this Ebay seller and
wonder if anyone knows anything about them.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/easyli...fsubZ278104016

Would be used to check moisture content of wood for wood stove and,
obviously different stock, for wood turning.

Thanks
Rob

Rob,
I have one of the 4 pin type referred to as bamboo on that sellers site.
I use it for woodworking not so much for the absolute reading but to see
when fresh wood has aclimatised to my workshop conditions. So I get a
comparative reading between wood that has been in there for months and
the new stuff as it settles down.
I find it surprisingly consistent.
When I bought mine about 2 years ago there were lots of similar ones for
sale both on ebay and uk vendors. all looked very similar other than
being badged with a different names. I got my direct from HK via ebay
for less than £10 delivered. At that price I was prepared to gamble.

hth

Bob