Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler manual - Glow worm Space Saver mk2

Does anyone happen to have a manual for one of these to hand please ?

(I don't know which specific model it is from the range atm)

I'm just trying to work out what's making it run so noisily - the rads
are bled, but even with them off it sounds like it's pumping a huge
amount of air around the system (gurgling like a b*stard to be more
precise)

I've just tried to lower the temp at the boiler end in case it was
kettling causing it (don't normally notice if it is, as it's in a
garage)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin Wilson wrote:
Does anyone happen to have a manual for one of these to hand please ?

(I don't know which specific model it is from the range atm)

I'm just trying to work out what's making it run so noisily - the rads
are bled, but even with them off it sounds like it's pumping a huge
amount of air around the system (gurgling like a b*stard to be more
precise)

I've just tried to lower the temp at the boiler end in case it was
kettling causing it (don't normally notice if it is, as it's in a
garage)

Not for the Space saver, but I have one for Glow-worm Hideaway if that's
any use to you?
Don
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not for the Space saver, but I have one for Glow-worm Hideaway if that's
any use to you?

....possibly - Ed or the other chap who repairs PCBs might have one to
hand, but I might get back to you...

Thanks for the reply :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Does anyone happen to have a manual for one of these to hand please ?
Email or ring up Glowworm. They sent me a copy for mine PDQ.

OK thanks for that - for some reason I thought they'd gone out of
business !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Does anyone happen to have a manual for one of these to hand please ?
(I don't know which specific model it is from the range atm)

Just a small update, it's the Spacesaver Mk2 50BR model

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Donwill
writes
Colin Wilson wrote:
Does anyone happen to have a manual for one of these to hand please ?

(I don't know which specific model it is from the range atm)

I'm just trying to work out what's making it run so noisily - the
rads are bled, but even with them off it sounds like it's pumping a
huge amount of air around the system (gurgling like a b*stard to be
more precise)

I've just tried to lower the temp at the boiler end in case it was
kettling causing it (don't normally notice if it is, as it's in a
garage)

Not for the Space saver, but I have one for Glow-worm Hideaway if
that's any use to you?
Don

Completely different animal

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
Colin Wilson o.uk
writes
Does anyone happen to have a manual for one of these to hand please ?

Email or ring up Glowworm. They sent me a copy for mine PDQ.

OK thanks for that - for some reason I thought they'd gone out of
business !

Just hiding behind a hyphen

http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
Colin Wilson o.uk
writes
Not for the Space saver, but I have one for Glow-worm Hideaway if that's
any use to you?

...possibly - Ed or the other chap who repairs PCBs might have one to
hand,

The bloke who repairs PCBS ?

You mean the one who pays other people to repair them for him ...

--
bumsnase
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Colin
Wilson o.uk writes
Does anyone happen to have a manual for one of these to hand please ?

(I don't know which specific model it is from the range atm)

I'm just trying to work out what's making it run so noisily - the rads
are bled, but even with them off it sounds like it's pumping a huge
amount of air around the system (gurgling like a b*stard to be more
precise)

I've just tried to lower the temp at the boiler end in case it was
kettling causing it (don't normally notice if it is, as it's in a
garage)

I prolly have one, but I doubt it will be of much use for what you're
describing

If you have a leak somewhere that's letting air in, it could be anywhere
in the system not necessarily in the boiler

You might find that your auto bleed valve isn't working properly, it
will be somewhere at the top of the boiler and is usually gold in colour
and circular with a screw top an inch and a half in diameter and two
inches tall

Check out the joints in the boiler to see if there is evidence of water
leaks especially around the heat exchanger

The only other (continually) moving parts in the boiler are the fan,
and the pump if its part of the boiler

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

...possibly - Ed or the other chap who repairs PCBs might have one to
hand,

The bloke who repairs PCBS ?
You mean the one who pays other people to repair them for him ...

He's got enough positive feedback for me to consider him a worthwhile
bet !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Just hiding behind a hyphen
http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/

They don't list that model anymore (
Posted to uk.d-i-y

If you have a leak somewhere that's letting air in, it could be anywhere
in the system not necessarily in the boiler

It's not a pressurised system either, so could be anywhere :-}

You might find that your auto bleed valve isn't working properly, it
will be somewhere at the top of the boiler and is usually gold in colour
and circular with a screw top an inch and a half in diameter and two
inches tall

I'll check it out over the next few days...

Check out the joints in the boiler to see if there is evidence of water
leaks especially around the heat exchanger
The only other (continually) moving parts in the boiler are the fan,
and the pump if its part of the boiler

No sign of leakage internally, and the pump is seperate :-}
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
Colin Wilson o.uk
writes
...possibly - Ed or the other chap who repairs PCBs might have one to
hand,

The bloke who repairs PCBS ?
You mean the one who pays other people to repair them for him ...

He's got enough positive feedback for me to consider him a worthwhile
bet !

I still don't repair them myself much any more

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Colin Wilson" o.uk wrote
in message ...
Does anyone happen to have a manual for one of these to hand please ?

(I don't know which specific model it is from the range atm)

I'm just trying to work out what's making it run so noisily - the rads
are bled, but even with them off it sounds like it's pumping a huge
amount of air around the system (gurgling like a b*stard to be more
precise)

I've just tried to lower the temp at the boiler end in case it was
kettling causing it (don't normally notice if it is, as it's in a
garage)

If your system is open vented then check the feed & expansion tank (probably
in the loft). The float valve may have stuck causing the tank to run dry, a
few yanks up and down usually frees it and gets the water running again.
Alternatively if the tank is full then check that the cold feed is not
blocked where it tees into the system.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If your system is open vented then check the feed & expansion tank (probably
in the loft). The float valve may have stuck causing the tank to run dry, a
few yanks up and down usually frees it and gets the water running again.
Alternatively if the tank is full then check that the cold feed is not
blocked where it tees into the system.

Thanks for that - we've already drained and refilled it a few times
recently while decorating, and everything seems to work as normal
though :-}

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Colin Wilson" o.uk wrote
in message ...
If your system is open vented then check the feed & expansion tank

(probably
in the loft). The float valve may have stuck causing the tank to run

dry, a
few yanks up and down usually frees it and gets the water running again.
Alternatively if the tank is full then check that the cold feed is not
blocked where it tees into the system.

Thanks for that - we've already drained and refilled it a few times
recently while decorating, and everything seems to work as normal
though :-}

It certainly seems like an air problem then if it has been drained &
refilled several times.

You should be able to vent most of the air through the pump vent screw.

Loosen the screw and run the boiler. Put a container or piece of rag under
the pump to catch the drips.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It certainly seems like an air problem then if it has been drained &
refilled several times.
You should be able to vent most of the air through the pump vent screw.
Loosen the screw and run the boiler. Put a container or piece of rag under
the pump to catch the drips.

Ahh, I didn't know they had one, i'll have a look tomorrow :-)

(only ever had a combi before this)

Glow worm boiler at 0.3 bar [email protected] UK diy 8 January 8th 08 01:53 PM
glow worm fuel saver Andrew UK diy 2 October 3rd 05 12:02 AM
Glow worm space saver 75, cc No. 4131532 Serial: 00066033 Sean UK diy 2 October 1st 05 02:14 PM
Regulations regarding cupboard space around a glow worm boiler? tez UK diy 2 December 15th 04 01:45 PM