DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Domestic water pump sometimes "sticks" on starting - new capacitorneeded or what? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/284415-domestic-water-pump-sometimes-sticks-starting-new-capacitorneeded-what.html)

lardconcepts August 12th 09 10:49 AM

Domestic water pump sometimes "sticks" on starting - new capacitorneeded or what?

There's a pump which boosts pressure to the cold circuit (taps, bog
etc) in our house when a tap is turned on.

About 1 time in 5, it won't spin, but just sit there humming. As I
suspected, the electric meter spins pretty quickly when it's stuck
like this!

The main plate on top says:
OSIP Electropompe Tpe VCB45/42
0.33Kw 220-240v 2.5a 8µF
Vc:450 Hz:50 IS.CL:F

Inside, there's a capacitor. It says:
Italfarad - 05/90 (date of manufacture, I'd guess)
RP-3 10040
µF: 10 ±5%b
450V~ DB HPFPU
400V~ DB HPFNT