DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Karcher 110 bar Pressure Washer (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/284330-karcher-110-bar-pressure-washer.html)

Arthur 51 August 11th 09 11:53 AM

Karcher 110 bar Pressure Washer

Hi.
If I am using a 110 bar pressure washer to clean a patio
will it blast the mortar from between the slabs?

Thanks.

Arthur

Steve Walker August 11th 09 12:12 PM

Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi.
If I am using a 110 bar pressure washer to clean a patio
will it blast the mortar from between the slabs?

Thanks.

Arthur

Paging Dave.... Paging Dave....
Medway Handyman to the white phone please....

Roger Mills August 11th 09 01:24 PM

Arthur 51 wrote:

Hi.
If I am using a 110 bar pressure washer to clean a patio
will it blast the mortar from between the slabs?

Thanks.

Arthur

Not necessarily - it depends on the skill of the operator! g
--
Cheers,
Roger

The Medway Handyman August 11th 09 07:11 PM

Steve Walker wrote:
Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi.
If I am using a 110 bar pressure washer to clean a patio
will it blast the mortar from between the slabs?

Thanks.

Arthur

Paging Dave.... Paging Dave....
Medway Handyman to the white phone please....

Picks up white phone

110 bar - alledgedly - at what flow rate?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

John Rumm August 11th 09 10:55 PM

Roger Mills wrote:
Arthur 51 wrote:

Hi.
If I am using a 110 bar pressure washer to clean a patio
will it blast the mortar from between the slabs?

Thanks.

Arthur

Not necessarily - it depends on the skill of the operator! g

and how crap your mortar is!

--
Cheers,

John.

Roger Mills August 12th 09 01:15 PM

John Rumm wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:
Arthur 51 wrote:

Hi.
If I am using a 110 bar pressure washer to clean a patio
will it blast the mortar from between the slabs?

Thanks.

Arthur

Not necessarily - it depends on the skill of the operator! g

and how crap your mortar is!

True, but if it's not *too* crap the trick is to do up to the edge of each
slab with the lance held fairly close, and then to do a quick sweep of the
mortar joint with the lance lifted away by several inches so as not to put
too much pressure on it.
--
Cheers,
Roger

David August 12th 09 01:35 PM

On 12 Aug, 13:15, "Roger Mills" wrote:
John Rumm *wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:
Arthur 51 *wrote:

Hi.
If I am using a 110 bar pressure washer to clean a patio
will it blast the mortar from between the slabs?

Thanks.

Arthur

Not necessarily - it depends on the skill of the operator! g

and how crap your mortar is!

True, but if it's not *too* crap the trick is to do up to the edge of each
slab with the lance held fairly close, and then to do a quick sweep of the
mortar joint with the lance lifted away by several inches so as not to put
too much pressure on it.

Interesting, what if your using a patio cleaning attachment?

--
Cheers,
Roger

Arthur 51 August 12th 09 02:15 PM

John Rumm *wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:
Arthur 51 *wrote:

Hi.
If I am using a 110 bar pressure washer to clean a patio
will it blast the mortar from between the slabs?

Thanks.

Arthur

Not necessarily - it depends on the skill of the operator! g

and how crap your mortar is!

True, but if it's not *too* crap the trick is to do up to the edge of each
slab with the lance held fairly close, and then to do a quick sweep of the
mortar joint with the lance lifted away by several inches so as not to put
too much pressure on it.
--

Yup..figured as much. Thanks.
Arthur

John Rumm August 12th 09 02:36 PM

John Rumm wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:
Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi.
If I am using a 110 bar pressure washer to clean a patio
will it blast the mortar from between the slabs?
Thanks.
Arthur
Not necessarily - it depends on the skill of the operator! g
and how crap your mortar is!

True, but if it's not *too* crap the trick is to do up to the edge of each
slab with the lance held fairly close, and then to do a quick sweep of the
mortar joint with the lance lifted away by several inches so as not to put
too much pressure on it.

Interesting, what if your using a patio cleaning attachment?

They tend to be far gentler anyway... probably because the jet is at an
angle, and not focussed on any one point for longer than a fraction of a
second.

--
Cheers,

John.

Roger Mills August 12th 09 05:19 PM

David wrote:

On 12 Aug, 13:15, "Roger Mills" wrote:

True, but if it's not *too* crap the trick is to do up to the edge
of each slab with the lance held fairly close, and then to do a
quick sweep of the mortar joint with the lance lifted away by
several inches so as not to put too much pressure on it.

Interesting, what if your using a patio cleaning attachment?

Dunno - haven't got one of them! g
--
Cheers,
Roger

The Medway Handyman August 12th 09 05:46 PM

John Rumm wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:
Arthur 51 wrote:

Hi.
If I am using a 110 bar pressure washer to clean a patio
will it blast the mortar from between the slabs?

Thanks.

Arthur

Not necessarily - it depends on the skill of the operator! g

and how crap your mortar is!

I take the view that if the pressure washer removes the mortar, it needed
replacing anyway.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

David August 12th 09 10:53 PM

John Rumm *wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:
Arthur 51 *wrote:
[...]

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk* * * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

Thanks!

A lot of people I meet are against pressure washing and say that the
paving get's loose the moment you attack it with a pressure washer.

I personally don't agree with them because we have been pressure
washing for years without trouble.