DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Identify screw (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/283565-identify-screw.html)

Sam Farrell August 2nd 09 06:41 PM

Identify screw

I have a faulty Goblin 1600Watts Steam Iron. I can't get in to it to see
what's wrong due to the type of screw used. It looks like a small Pan head
screw but only has two small slots, one on each edge of the pan.

Anyone any idea please what type of screw this is and where I can get a
screwdriver for it.

Sam

John Rumm August 2nd 09 06:47 PM

Identify screw

Sam Farrell wrote:
I have a faulty Goblin 1600Watts Steam Iron. I can't get in to it to see
what's wrong due to the type of screw used. It looks like a small Pan
head screw but only has two small slots, one on each edge of the pan.

You mean the sort of shape you would get if you hacksawed a notch out of
the middle of an old screwdriver?

Anyone any idea please what type of screw this is and where I can get a
screwdriver for it.

Either make your own as above, or get a set of security bits:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/18983/...y-Bit-Set-33Pc

--
Cheers,

John.